Tours _ Ephesus

hoya68

We are on the 9/12 Quest cruise from Istanbul to Athens. In Ephesus there are two tours which interest us: Deluxe Ephesus and Religious Antiquities Of Kusadasi. Does anyone have experience with either? What is the size of the groups? Was the extra time and the BBQ on the latter worthwhile?

Thanks,

Steve

I would have posted this in the ports section, but we are interested in the Seabourn specifics.

Whichever tour you take make sure it includes the terrace houses. Frankly, I'd hire a private guide to take you through so you can set your own agenda and not deal with so many other people. However, be sure and do the evening concert at Ephesus that Seabourn provides.

Whichever tour you take make sure it includes the terrace houses. Frankly, I'd hire a private guide to take you through so you can set your own agenda and not deal with so many other people. However, be sure and do the evening concert at Ephesus that Seabourn provides.

Will you have enough time to do both - a day tour and then the evening concert? How does that work? Do you go back to the ship then come back to Ephesus at night?

This is good advice!!

While Ephesus is interesting but fairly crowded (everywhere is crowded nowadays), the terraced houses are exceptional and not too crowded because it costs extra to go in to them. They were definitely the highlight when we were there in June.

Yes to both.

Do not miss the evening tour - it is very atmospheric. My recollection is that you could have an early dinner on board, you then get refreshments at the event, and there will be something laid on on the ship when you all get back, and you will probably be out on deck for sailing if it is a nice e:)vening.

Certainly if you can finish your day tour by, say, 5 p.m. you should have time for a short rest and change before the evening event.

With a private tour there is no reason you cannot be back at the ship by 2PM, plenty of time before an early dinner and the evening performance. Just make sure to stipulate with the private guide that you do not want to visit any rig factories (unless of course, you do) as that will eat up unnecessary time.

Archived