Beef Wellington

kbmeow

I thought it was quite good. But sadly, haven't seen it on a cruise in many years..

The times we tried it on the Paradise it was worse than the short ribs.

In defense of the short ribs, some are great and some are lousy. Even at the same table.

I've never had beef wellington as nice as the ones I've made myself to Gordon Ramsay's recipe

***** nom nom

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2538/beef-wellington

You're hired! Come in early for the cruise and cook it for all of us. I too loved the CCL Beef Wellington. The Chateaubriand was a poor replacement. Most of the time it tastes like roast beef, overcooked.

But, the Spaghetti Carbonara was a great addition, IMHO.:D

I have seen that recipe before and the problem is not a procuito fan, I know I can omit but we are only 2 people it is such a big portion.

It's really not a big addition to the taste, just a little bit of saltiness to go with the reduced mushrooms. It's main job is to hold everything in. You could replace it with Bresaola which is the same kind of thing but made from beef.

Don't omit it. the juices from the beef and mushrooms would make the pastry go soggy and the beef would dry out in the oven.

And CW, you should come over here and have it. I've got half an organic grass fed cow from a small local farm arriving tomorrow. Hope there's enough space in the freezer for 250Kg (550 pounds) of tasty.

Archived