Age for Adult Only Area??

chach123

Um, well, technically, it's 21, but I promise not to check ID :D . Will you be acting a fool while there? Probably not because you are looking for someplace to relax from what you said. I say go and enjoy. I am a stickler with rules usually, but seems like you are just looking to get away.

What is it??? I am twenty and would like to go relax... would I be allowed to ???

What is it??? I am twenty and would like to go relax... would I be allowed to ???

I don't think they would ask you to leave. If you're there and not causing any problems I don't think they would check. For the adult only area that aren't Serenity I think the age is 18. Again I don't see a problem. I think they are more concerned with the younger kids who may be acting in a way that is disruptive to the other cruisers. Then again I've seen some adults who are pretty disruptive as well.

I don't think they would ask you to leave. If you're there and not causing any problems I don't think they would check. For the adult only area that aren't Serenity I think the age is 18. Again I don't see a problem. I think they are more concerned with the younger kids who may be acting in a way that is disruptive to the other cruisers. Then again I've seen some adults who are pretty disruptive as well.

They DO check.

Nah, they don't check. If they did, they would have ID'd me because I'm 5' tall and a total baby-face... always get carded for everything. I went there one evening to read a book. It wasn't very crowded. Many staff members saw me, but no one asked to see my card. Maybe it's because I was just minding my own business and reading quietly.

I never ventured up there during the peak afternoon crowd, though. They might ID then.

Don't do anything that would draw attention to yourself. No one will complain and the staff will have no reason to check.

On the off chance that they do check, just say, "oops, I thought I was an adult," and then relocate.

On the Ecstasy in May the Serenity area was packed during the day and they did check after several people complained that the seats were taken by those underage. I saw them ask several people to leave. Some teens were there with their parents and the parents got into it with the attendent. He called Security. It was not pretty, nor was it serene with the parents cursing out Security. Best not to put yourself in that situation. There are plenty of other quiet areas.

Don't do anything that would draw attention to yourself. No one will complain and the staff will have no reason to check.

On the off chance that they do check, just say, "oops, I thought I was an adult," and then relocate.

I think this is the best advice.

Just be considerate and use your best judgement. If there are a lot of people there, you probably don't want to take a chair away from adults. But if you're just relaxing and minding your own business and there's not a problem with crowds, I don't think anyone is going to bother you.

Nah, they don't check. If they did, they would have ID'd me because I'm 5' tall and a total baby-face... always get carded for everything. I went there one evening to read a book. It wasn't very crowded. Many staff members saw me, but no one asked to see my card. Maybe it's because I was just minding my own business and reading quietly.

I never ventured up there during the peak afternoon crowd, though. They might ID then.

Just wanted to say I'm 4'11 and a baby face too lol! I get carded so often everywhere that I pretty much have my id out and ready to go! Ironically though, the exception is the adult deck, Ive never been carded there! Op, I think what they are trying to prevent is young kids running around playing. I think if you are 20 and sitting there relaxing/reading you will be just fine. :)

I would never ask the staff to check the id of any one that is 18 or older. Many of these young ADULTS are in the service. If they are old enough to go get shot at in the service of their country, they are old enough to sit in an adult only area.

If this were Facebook I'd hit *like* :)

At the risk of thread hijacking...I wish the "adult" age would just be 18. If you can join the military and vote, then you can have a drink and sit on the nice deck IMO. Once me and 3 other military buds (we were all 20 at the time) went to California to go to Six Flags. We tried to get a room for the night and all the hotels refused to give a room to anyone under 21!!!!! We had to sleep in our car in a Denny's parking lot!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I would never ask the staff to check the id of any one that is 18 or older. Many of these young ADULTS are in the service. If they are old enough to go get shot at in the service of their country, they are old enough to sit in an adult only area.

Thank you Blind Squirrel! My son is 18 and has joined the US Navy. He will be cruising with us in December and we would love to be able to take him to the serenity area and not have any problems! God bless our troops and our beautiful country!!!!!!

If you can die for your country at the age of 18-then 18 is an adult. Too bad most business think if you can drink booze, you are an adult.

If they want people to act adult, they should probably stop serving booze in large quantities.

If this were Facebook I'd hit *like* :)

At the risk of thread hijacking...I wish the "adult" age would just be 18. If you can join the military and vote, then you can have a drink and sit on the nice deck IMO. Once me and 3 other military buds (we were all 20 at the time) went to California to go to Six Flags. We tried to get a room for the night and all the hotels refused to give a room to anyone under 21!!!!! We had to sleep in our car in a Denny's parking lot!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

And the reason you faced that situation is young adults and misbehavior. We used to have a time-share at North Myrtle Beach. The week before ours, it was rented to four young people, the oldest was 21. They had a Crisco party during their stay.

We had a fun week as they had to recarpet, repaint, steam the furniture, degrease the kitchen, etc. The policy now is to rent to no one under 25.

Doc

And the reason you faced that situation is young adults and misbehavior. We used to have a time-share at North Myrtle Beach. The week before ours, it was rented to four young people, the oldest was 21. They had a Crisco party during their stay.

We had a fun week as they had to recarpet, repaint, steam the furniture, degrease the kitchen, etc. The policy now is to rent to no one under 25.

Doc

already proven the mind is not fully mature till 25. but you can run fast and do super things a lot younger.

They DO check.

How? Not to be a trouble maker but how do they check? Now I definately look older than 21 but I don't take any ID with me other than my sail and sign card and it doesn't have my age on it.

I would say 20, behaving appropriatly is acceptable..

How? Not to be a trouble maker but how do they check? Now I definately look older than 21 but I don't take any ID with me other than my sail and sign card and it doesn't have my age on it.

I would say 20, behaving appropriatly is acceptable..

Your S&S card has all kinds of information (when scanned), including how old you are.

I can't remember how they do it on Carnival, but I know on RCCL, they have a hole-punch system. One punch means that you're 18-20, old enough to gamble in International water, but not old enough to drink. Two punches means that you're under 18. That's the quick way they use to know the ages of passengers.

Archived