Where do you keep cash before boarding?

mrar

My uncle was with Standard Oil of NJ in Venezwala (SP!) MANY years ago. One thing he was insisted on with his sons and wife when traveling was NEVER carry ALL your cash in ONE pocket! Divide it into money belt, pocketS, purse, etc. A robber would think they were getting all your cash when they weren't!

We bring very, very little cash. Everything onboard goes on your cruise card. On shore, anything major we charge and the little bit of cash we bring is for a cab, a non-ship tour, or a single purchase inexpensive beverage. If have lunch and/or a couple of drinks at a local spot, we charge. If your're going to the Caribbean and stop at St Thomas or San Juan, you get good old "green backs" at ATM's, too. I think the last Caribbean 10 day cruise we took, we spent about $100 in cash in total.

I second the under-clothing money belt idea. I bought one from Sharper Image that is surprisingly comfortable. However, you have to think about how much cash you need to have ready access to, ahead of time. You don't want to be stripping off your clothes in a public place, just to get to your $$! ;)

Archived