NCL Sun - where does it dock in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Germany, Helsinki and Tallinn

I figured I would just ask in one post and hopefully someone will have the names of the pier/docks. I am trying to use Google maps to estimate distances from the ship to where we want to go but dont have the names of each pier or place it docks.

Does anyone know where the NCL Sun docks in each of its Baltic ports?

Thanks.

The cruiseship port in Tallinn is about a 15-minute walk from the Old Town, although most cruise ships run a shuttle bus closer. All the other cities you asked about have multiple ports, so I do not know the answer for those.

In Warnemuende the Sun docks at the only port there, a five minute walk from the train depot.

In Tallinn they dock where all ships dock, a fifteen minute walk from the old town.

In Helsinki it is at LHC or LHB depending on the sailing.

In Stockholm they tender in Nynashamn, a 45 minute bus ride, longer by train, from Stockholm. Either arrange for a taxi in advance or take the Stockholm on your Own tour with NCL for $49, unless you book another excursion with NCL. Otherwise you will have to wait for a tender and waste a lot of valuable time.

In Copenhagen, typically at Freeport 254, one of the furthest from downtown.

Each port has a website which will tell you where your ship docks for each sailing. You can Google them to be sure.

I figured I would just ask in one post and hopefully someone will have the names of the pier/docks. I am trying to use Google maps to estimate distances from the ship to where we want to go but dont have the names of each pier or place it docks.

Thanks.

I see you also booked Alaska. Lots of travelling this year, eh. We have to space them out a bit and are going to Alaska in 2012.

In Warnemuende the Sun docks at the only port there, a five minute walk from the train depot.

Sorry but this is NOT the only place where ships dock when the port is advertised as Warnemuende. Some ships dock in Rostock, at the commercial port, for various reasons eg number of ships, size etc.

Details for the whole year of where and when ships will dock can be found on the official port web-site

www.rostock-port.de/en/cruise_shipping/port_calls/2011_port_calls.html

Thanks.

Hi, for Germany all the info you need as to where, when, a map of the dock, how to get to and from etc. can be found on the official port website.

www.rostock-port.de/en

Happy cruising :)

The NCL Sun does not offer shuttles like some of the other cruiselines do. I noticed that shuttles were offered by another line in Helsinki also. On NCL you take a cab or public transportation. Also, if you are talking next season, I heard a rumor that NCL will be going into Stockholm proper no need for the transfers, but one needs to confirm the itinerary when booking.

The cruiseship port in Tallinn is about a 15-minute walk from the Old Town, although most cruise ships run a shuttle bus closer. All the other cities you asked about have multiple ports, so I do not know the answer for those.

The NCL Sun does not offer shuttles like some of the other cruiselines do. I noticed that shuttles were offered by another line in Helsinki also. On NCL you take a cab or public transportation. Also, if you are talking next season, I heard a rumor that NCL will be going into Stockholm proper no need for the transfers, but one needs to confirm the itinerary when booking.

It is not a rumor. For 2012 the Sun will dock in Stockholm, per the NCL website. Also the captain of the Sun told us that at one of our parties with him in June. The tradeoff is that the day in Stockholm is much shorter than when tendering at Nynashamn.

My advice was assuming this was related to a 2011 sailing, in which case the Sun tenders at Nynashamn for the entire season.

While some ships do dock at Rostock, I thought the Sun docked only at the port in Warnemuende. In looking at the schedule earlier this year before our sailing, I thought that the Sun was berthed at Warnemuende, not Rostock, each sailing. Worth double-checking though at the link Anni provides.

Wow, thanks for the info. I sure hope we are at the port closer in for Stokholm because we are only there for 8 - 3:00! I better call to make sure about 2012. We are going June 2012.

rdnpdx1 - We had gotten a great, last minute deal on a 7 day Alaskan cruise and paid only $668 for HAL interior!

While some ships do dock at Rostock, I thought the Sun docked only at the port in Warnemuende. In looking at the schedule earlier this year before our sailing, I thought that the Sun was berthed at Warnemuende, not Rostock, each sailing. Worth double-checking though at the link Anni provides.

Warnemuende is a suburb of the City of Rostock. The Cruise Terminal/ Passenger Quay is part of the Port of Rostock, situated in Warnemuende about 2klms downriver from the commercial port or Uberseehafen.

The main Cruise Terminal berth can accommodate one large vessel, the secondary berth one large vessel and the Passenger Quay one smaller vessel. If there are more than two large vessels on any one day, one must go into the Uberseehafen. This has only happened 3 or 4 times this year but as the number of ship visits grows (113 in 2010, 164 in 2011) it will happen more often.

rdnpdx1 is right, this year NCL have always berthed in Warnemuende but it is best to check as both Marco Polo and Celebrity Constellation have berthed at the Cruise Terminal on one visit and the Uberseehafen on the next.

The web site, www.rostock-port.de/en is published around March each year and is very rarely changed as Port Operations are planned months in advance. If there is a change the list will also change, it is always up to date. Contrary to what passengers have been told the night before berthing, last minute changes never happen, especially with the excuse that 'another ship took our berth during the night!'. The company knows well in advance where the ship will berth. __________________

Wow, thanks for the info. I sure hope we are at the port closer in for Stokholm because we are only there for 8 - 3:00! I better call to make sure about 2012. We are going June 2012.

rdnpdx1 - We had gotten a great, last minute deal on a 7 day Alaskan cruise and paid only $668 for HAL interior!

Wow. Enjoy Alaska! We go next June 1st on a N/B Celebrity sailing, followed by a week in the interior.

Since you are going in 2012 you will dock in Stockholm and will enjoy the sail away through the archipelago, which we did not experience. Enjoy. My advice on Nynashamn and taxi, etc is not relevant to your sailing as you will be docked in town. I am not sure exactly where you will be, but the larger ships are some distance from Gamla Stan, the Royal Palace and Vasa, but are reachable by HOHO boat and probably other transit as well. I would suggest researching the threads on this board for Stockholm. There is a lengthy one addressing all manner of questions concerning how to do it there.

However, by next year things can change at some of these ports as Anni mentions, so it is important for you to check the websites for each port, particularly Copenhagen, Warnemuende, Helsinki and Stockholm.

• 11 months later...

Archived