Vegetarian on the Voyager?

freakflyer

We are on the Istanbul to Luxor cruise in October and can't wait.

I have seen great reviews of the dining rooms, though we are vegetarians which will limit our choices.

Does anybody have any meal recommendations for us? SOmebody said that you can order Indian food. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Do you eat fish? Their fish dishes are always good, and with 24-hour notice you can request a lot of different foods. They have a wide array of available vegetables, too.

My son used to be vegetarian, and I eat mostly vegetarian. You will not have any problem on Voyager. There is always a vegetarian option on the menu in CR and usually in Signatures. There is also a pasta offering in CR and that is often, but not always, vegetarian.

Prime 7 though is a problem. My son ate there once, but declined to go again as he didn't like just eating salad and side dishes. The portobello mushroom appetizer in Prime 7 is vegetarian though and is awfully good.

For lunch, La Veranda has plenty of choices, and one of the pizza offerings is usually vegetarian. If they have the Indian lunch on deck, the curry is outstanding. I have had to arm wrestle Orpington over that. Also, you can special order an Indian meal in CR--24 hrs notice.

Have no worries! You will be well taken care of.

As others have said, not a problem.

CR will always have one creative main-plate veggie option (as well as soups, salads, and apps), but if you don't like that main choice there are other ways they can accomodate you. As well as the pasta often being vegetarian, pasta marinara is on the "always available" list, maybe alfredo too, and _not_ on the list but always available are things like sautéed spinach, broccoli, mashed potatoes etc....

La Veranda, on the other hand, puts out dozens and dozens of different items on their lunch buffet, at least half of which will be vegetarian, some very creative. Their breakfast buffet has lots of meats but also a large variety of fruits, cheeses, freshly baked goods, cereals, juices etc. And their antipasto bar at night (whether or not you choose a main dish also) is extensive and creative.

Signatures usually or always has a good veggie main plate, salad, and app option.

Plus, you can name anything that is possible with ingredients on board and have it ready for you on 24 hours' notice.

Oh, yes, and at the themed poolside buffets they will definitely take care of you. There will be veggie versions of mains (curry if Indian (outstanding!), paella if Spanish, pastas and pizzas if Italian, etc.), and all excellent -- in addition to the many vegetarian sides.

Thanks. It sounds like we will be fine and well fed. :-) Just checking if there are some special meals that people have found, but we can always ask.

It appears that Prime 7 may not be a good choice, but the others mentioned would work.

Stop at Prime 7 a day ahead of time, check the menu, if there's nothing you like ask if they can have a veggie entree on night of your reservation.

I could make a meal of the outstanding PRIME 7 onion rings - but I will try to control myself.

Archived