MDR Questions

We will be cruising on the Oasis of the Seas in October and I have a couple of questions if anyone can help. Is there a seating chart that shows the table numbers and locations anywhere online? Can you request a certain table ahead of time? Can you request to be seated with other specific passengers on your cruise? How far in advance can you do this? Thanks in advance for your help!

We will be cruising on the Oasis of the Seas in October and I have a couple of questions if anyone can help. Is there a seating chart that shows the table numbers and locations anywhere online? Can you request a certain table ahead of time? Can you request to be seated with other specific passengers on your cruise? How far in advance can you do this? Thanks in advance for your help!

I've never seen a seating chart online but you can request, say, a window table. We did this once when DH was having difficulty walking for one cruise and asked to be seated near the entrance and we were. To be seated with specific passengers, you need to link your reservation numbers (either with your TA if you used one or with RCI if you booked directly).

I have never seen an MDR seating chart. As for dining with other passengers, if you know now who they are you can have the reservations "linked" so you get the same MDR table. I'm not sure how this works since my TA does this. And I'm not sure how it works if you used different TA's or one used a TA and one went through RCI. Best place is to start with your TA or RCI. You will need the reservation numbers. Linking does not affect the onboard charge account -- you each can and probably will use your own credit cards for ship charges.

When you board with the other couple(s), check your ship cards for the dining time and table. If not the same, there is nothing the check-in desk can do about it. Instead, you should all go to the MDR (not open for food but open for changes to dining times and tables) and see if you can all get a table together. Usually something can be worked out -- even if it means asking someone at your table to swap with someone at the other table.

Archived