First Time Azamara cruisers with Guide Dog

Flcruiser46

We are doing the TA from Lisbon in Oct and will have our guide dog Popi with us. He has cruised previously on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Has anyone sailed with Azamara with a service dog and if so, are there any challenges of which we should be aware? Thanks in advance for your help and/or input.

Anne, Allen, & Popi

I hope someone who has done this answers this for you. I did a search on the Azamara and disabled cruising forums and found nothing. i can't see what would make being on Azamara different from other cruise lines except for their wonderful crew who go out of their way to help everybody.

Here is a thread about guide dogs which may be of interest to you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=585728

We are doing the TA from Lisbon in Oct and will have our guide dog Popi with us. He has cruised previously on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Has anyone sailed with Azamara with a service dog and if so, are there any challenges of which we should be aware? Thanks in advance for your help and/or input.

Anne, Allen, & Popi

Welcome aboard. You will have a wonderful time aboard Azamara.

From Azamara's website here is the link for special onboard services. This link will answer your questions concerning service animals.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/special-needs/service-animals

See you onboard. :-)

I take it you are also on this cruise. We are really looking forward to it and look forward to meeting you. Are you signed up on the roll call?

Celebrity And Royal were great with Popi. But Celebrity put his "potty box" in a covered area to protect him in case of bad weather. However Popi considered this to be indoors and we had some problems until they moved it to an open area. I just wondered if we should let Azamara know about this type of thing. Royal on the other hand had an established area outside on Deck 5 which worked out well from the start.

Anne

Welcome aboard. You will have a wonderful time aboard Azamara.

From Azamara's website here is the link for special onboard services. This link will answer your questions concerning service animals.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/special-needs/service-animals

See you onboard. :-)

I would certainly contact Azamara ahead of going with your needs via Specail Services - I am sure Popi will become a much loved member of the Azamara cruise and the staff will do everything and more to look after you all

Emjoy your trip

Celebrity And Royal were great with Popi. But Celebrity put his "potty box" in a covered area to protect him in case of bad weather. However Popi considered this to be indoors and we had some problems until they moved it to an open area. I just wondered if we should let Azamara know about this type of thing.

Anne

As with every other "special situation", the more information Azamara has the better the job they can do for you. You will find the staff and crew amazing (in a very good way). Happy cruise. I hope you will tell us how everything worked out after you return.

I take it you are also on this cruise. We are really looking forward to it and look forward to meeting you. Are you signed up on the roll call?

Yes we are on the roll call. We will all see one another soon. Will be here before we know it. Azamara is wonderful. :-)

Archived