Disembark POA, then what for 8 hrs. til flight?

langleyfld

The airline totally rescheduled all our flights in October!!

Now we will not leave Honolulu until 7:30pm.

Any suggestions what to do with luggage for the day?

What should we do for 8 hrs. (we will have precruised 3 days in Waikiki prior to our cruise)? I am so frustrated with the airlines right now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

There is a storage company set up in the cruise terminal I think its about $5 a bag.

You can hang around that area as there is lots to see such as palace, statues,gov't buildings, Aloha Tower although not a lot of business's have closed shop. You can alsoeither walk to Chinatown and cab it back or vice versa.

You can look into excursions listed for disembarkment day that will drop you off at the airport with your luggage.

Lastly you can look for a hotel that offers a day rate. It will cost you around $100.

We had a similar dilema on our cruise 7/16.

We got off the POA Saturday morning 9 am but our flight was not until 1045 PM.

We contacted the following service in advance of our cruise:

http://www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com/

When we arrived in port, I just called and they met us to pick up and store our bags. $10 travel charge plus $5 a bag. Later in the evening when we went to the airport we called them and they met us outside the Delta terminal and returned them to us. Very easy

We reserved a room at a hotel on Waikiki beach for the day. Enjoyed the beach, ate dinner, took naps and a shower and then off to the airport.

Call around as the day rate depends on how full they are.

HHV quoted us over 400, we booked the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach for half the cost.

We asked for early arrival but we they were very busy and we did not get a room until 130pm.

No big deal as we changed in the bathroom and hit the pool and beach while the bellman stored our carryons and 1 bag with clothes and necessities while the luggage service held the rest.

Call around as the day rate depends on how full they are.

HHV quoted us over 400, we booked the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach for half the cost.

We asked for early arrival but we they were very busy and we did not get a room until 130pm.

No big deal as we changed in the bathroom and hit the pool and beach while the bellman stored our carryons and 1 bag with clothes and necessities while the luggage service held the rest.

Wow! The time of year might come into play, but we didn't pay more than $150 for the day at HHV (8 to 5). We went in February 2010.

I would consider myself lucky to be given extra time in Hawaii. My choice would be a last, relaxing day on Waikiki, with great food, and a great beach. You might be able to check your luggage for the day at a hotel. I really like Zimomiller's experience, that sounds perfect! Cherie

Thank ya'll "all" so much for the suggestions!! I really appreciate the time and thoughts.

We will most definitely store our luggage, great idea! We will have toured Oahu 3 days before our cruise, so a relaxing day on the beach before the long flight home sounds ideal!!

Archived