Airport Shuttle Express-Rome

Whippets

I am also interested as I travel there next week. The site

"airportschuttleexpress.it" says they go "to and from Fiumicino airport in Rome, Vatican City and the port of Civitavecchia." How much to the port of Civitavecchia? The web site does not work now for pricing or reservations. (BTY: Romashuttle.com is a different site and costs 90 euro.:()

Any experiences would be helpful.

3starMariner.gif

If you click on the left side where it says "rates" they advertise 70 euros. I have written to them also and that is what they have quoted me. My question is, has anyone used them? What sort of experience did they have. I am not traveling until October, so I would like to lock in this rate as it is much better than any other quotes I have had.

Euro cruiser - have you heard of them?

Have you done a search on this board? And also looked on other travel boards? I've been reading and posting on this board over 5 years and I can't remember ever hearing about them.

I wouldn't book them if you can't find some recommendation....however good the rates. I have read of a few people who got stranded using transportation without recommendations.

FWIW, I've used Roma Shuttle (listed above) twice with good results.

cruisemom42, yes, I have searched this site. This is exactly why I am asking about them to see if anyone has used them. I have heard stories too about negative experiences. When I was in Rome last year I used RomeinLimo for all of our tours. Now I just simply need a ride to the port from the airport. Don't think I want to try and pull my suitcase and search for the correct train.

Why not try searching on Trip Advisor? If you can't find it there I would forget it.

You can always use Rome Cabs (Stefano). They are fantastic and you will find many positive reviews.They quoted me a price of 130 euro from the port to the airport. We will be using them next May for Airport to Rome Hotel (40 euro) and Rome to port (130 euro) and Port to airport (130 euro.) I don't know if you can find a better price but you will never find a more reliable company in my opinion.

They have a good web site, romecabs dot com if you would like additional info.

Archived