I got the call...take it or leave it?

mez2424

I got a call from the upsell fairy. I(26) am traveling with 3 other girlfriends around the same age. Right now we are in a 4 person deluxe ocean view on the Carnival Dream on deck 1 for Sep 3. We got offered deck 9 balcony for $75 per person. Not sure what to do. It is nice knowing we have 2 bathrooms with the deluxe oceanview...but a balcony would be awesome!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

4 girls and 2 bathrooms vs. 4 girls and 1 bathroom. There is plenty of balcony all around the promenade, lido deck, etc... just walk outside. When my wife and I are getting ready I usually take a shower @ the gym to stay out of her way, multiply that by 4? Save a balcony for when you cruise with someone special on another vacation, romantic champagne sunsets, quiet breakfast together out there.

I would say that if you are smokers, since you won't be able to smoke in your room, the balcony is pretty convenient for that.

Go for the balcony. It will give you

a nice place to relax, while some of

your group are getting ready.

Most balcony cabins are similar

in size to OV Cabins..

Don't know what your budget is, but a Jr Suite

would be better for four women. It would give

you a balcony, double sink, whirpool tub, and

a vanity room 4 x 4.

Whatever you do you will have a blast...

I would go for the balcony - as someone else stated it is great to use the balcony to chillax on while others get ready and some of you can always go up to the spa for the showers there - I used the spa shower it is huge! I have not seen the bathrooms in the Deluxe OV, does it have 2 showers? I think one side is very small anyway and I don't know about you but I can't get ready in a small area-

Even though I can't understand why everyone has to be in the bathroom to get ready - plenty of bed space, vanity etc for that, I say go with the 2 bathrooms and save the money for other things. Balcony is nice but so is the spa deck etc. One or two of you can also go to the spa or gym to have showers - much bigger. Have a blast

two bathrooms is needed for four women.

Only if you're all high-maintenance. We traveled on a week-long cruise, 4 women, one bathroom, and had a blast. I don't do makeup or blow dryers, so I'd go to the room about 15 minutes before everyone else, take my pre-dinner shower, get dressed, and then go hang out up on deck with my Nook and meet them at dinner. Whoever's hair would take the longest to fix went into the shower after me, and so on.

We had a blast.

Unless I'm missing something, the second bathroom is just a toilet and a sink/vanity, and wouldn't really be that much help when it's time to get ready for dinner. The balcony would give you the extra 40 sf to get out of each other's way, and be a great place to have coffee in the morning.

Unless I'm missing something, the second bathroom is just a toilet and a sink/vanity, and wouldn't really be that much help when it's time to get ready for dinner. The balcony would give you the extra 40 sf to get out of each other's way, and be a great place to have coffee in the morning.

If there's a mirror, it would be very useful for getting ready, as the things that seem to take forever are drying/curling hair and doing makeup.

You're already getting a bathroom anyway, and you'll always get it! But, you won't always get a balcony! I'd say go with the balcony - you'll be much happier.....I second the OP who talked about having a place to hang out and/or get out of eachother's way. You'll feel stuck inside a box even with two bathrooms....or I would feel that way ;) Can't speak for everyone.

Yes, you are missing something. One bathroom has toilet and tub, the other has shower and sink...So two can bathe at once. EM

I got a call from the upsell fairy. I(26) am traveling with 3 other girlfriends around the same age. Right now we are in a 4 person deluxe ocean view on the Carnival Dream on deck 1 for Sep 3. We got offered deck 9 balcony for $75 per person. Not sure what to do. It is nice knowing we have 2 bathrooms with the deluxe oceanview...but a balcony would be awesome!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Stay with the two bathrooms

I'll just throw this out to see if it helps the two bathroom issue. The Dream has a nice shower facility in the Spa. There were only 2 women in my stateroom in Jan. (but I guess we were both high maint.) and I decided that I would just go and use the spa showers while she used the cabin shower. The spa showers also have hair dryers.

Did I mention I was all the way aft on the 6th floor and the spa is all the way forward 12 deck...........it still wasn't bad. The showers there are like 3xs bigger than the room ones.

We traveled on a week-long cruise, 4 women, one bathroom, and had a blast..... We had a blast.

My entire childhood was spent with 1 bathroom for 8 people (mother, father, 2 girls and 4 boys)! Any of us could do one bathroom with four people no problem! :)

We only go balcony!!! We'd rather book two rooms to get two bathrooms than give up the balcony.

......and my husband takes longer in the bathroom than I do......:p

.......soooooo.....what did you do???? Did you take it????

We only go balcony!!! We'd rather book two rooms to get two bathrooms than give up the balcony.

......and my husband takes longer in the bathroom than I do......:p

.......soooooo.....what did you do???? Did you take it????

Still undecided...2 of us are up for it. 1 of us does not want to lose the other bathroom(she is of course the most high maint. of us all) and waiting to hear back from the other girl!!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Hands down, BALCONY!!!! It adds extra space to your cabin, and a couple of you could always shower in the spa (not sure if this is an option on all ships)...I think the private balcony is worth every penny---One of my favorite parts of the cruise experience is to order coffee/light breakfast the night before and use its delivery as our alarm clock....Nothing like enjoying coffee out on the balcony....No matter what you decide, have an awesome cruise! :-)

Archived