Dining swap question

purplemusik

When we booked on the Carnival Inspiration for Sept 5th...the only dining option left was the late seating [ and I'm wait-listed for "my time dining" which is what we'd prefer ]. I'm traveling with my 7 month old and 5 year old and this will be very hectic for us [ as this is when my 7 month old gets cranky and wants to sleep ]. How likely is it that we'll be able to get the my time dining? I read we could request a change....how would we go about doing this? thanks in advance!

We were wait listed on our last cruise. I went to the Maitre de when we boarded to check. Any-time dining was full but he said he would try to change us and we received a note in our cabin the next day saying we were changed to any-time. Love any-time dining!

It will perfect with young children too!

I love anytime dining - did it on a back to back. Just be prepared that sometimes you might have to wait - especially on elegant night. I liked it because sometimes we were hungry earlier - other times we were busy and didn't go until 8:30. Most times we were seated immediately, sometimes waited 5 minutes, on elegant night we waited almost 45 minutes but we went at 7:30 (prime time) but given a beeper so we just went and had a drink and killed time. Good luck and definitely see if you can get it changed.

When we booked on the Carnival Inspiration for Sept 5th...the only dining option left was the late seating [ and I'm wait-listed for "my time dining" which is what we'd prefer ]. I'm traveling with my 7 month old and 5 year old and this will be very hectic for us [ as this is when my 7 month old gets cranky and wants to sleep ]. How likely is it that we'll be able to get the my time dining? I read we could request a change....how would we go about doing this? thanks in advance!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You certainly can request a change once on board and you've got a pretty compelling reason for it.

Upon embarkation secure a copy of the Fun Times. You can snag one at the Guest Services Desk. In it you'll find the location and time to meet with the Maitre d' and request a change of dining assignment. Normally, it's around 1 or 1:30 PM at the entrance to one of the main dining rooms. He or she will do whatever is possible to help you out.

:)

Thanks guys! Normally, it really wouldn't bother me but this is our first cruise with kids so I really wasn't sure how to handle it. When my husband and I went on our cruise last year, we had the my time dining and looooved it! Hopefully I'll be the first in line for the swap! :p

We too had late dining and were able to change it to early which worked better with the kids club activities' schedule. We received a card in our room by 5 pm that first night letting us know our request had been accommodated. I didn't see anyone come out of the dining room who knew the change right away.

Good luck and have a fun cruise.

Thanks guys! Normally, it really wouldn't bother me but this is our first cruise with kids so I really wasn't sure how to handle it. When my husband and I went on our cruise last year, we had the my time dining and looooved it! Hopefully I'll be the first in line for the swap! :p

It may take a day to get this changed. So, if the maitre d' says he'll send confirmation of the change to your cabin, and you don't get it that afternoon, you can head for the Lido buffet. Similar choices and a bit easier to navigate through in the evening than at lunch ime. No need to honor the late seating on the first night. And if for some reason, you can't get changed, Lido dining becomes your friend.

Archived