Frigate bay beach

cruiseawaits

There is a Frigate Bay & A North Frigate Bay. There are beachs on both. Frigate Bay is on the quieter Caribbean side & North Frigate Bay is on the Atlantic side which is rougher. The Marriott is on North Frigate Bay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just went to this beach in September. They have bathrooms but they were not really clean. The sand was extremely hot but the beach was beautiful. We rented a Jet Ski and went swimming. It was a really nice day. They had a bar/food area but it was not open when we were there. Besides us there were only a few other people there. Some on groups of excursions stopped by for a few mins at a time.

There is a Frigate Bay & A North Frigate Bay. There are beachs on both. Frigate Bay is on the quieter Caribbean side & North Frigate Bay is on the Atlantic side which is rougher. The Marriott is on North Frigate Bay.

Which is better for a non-swimmer please?

• 3 weeks later...

I posted a pic here several years ago, and the beach has changed a little since then. It appears they have installed a boat dock and pier next to the rock jetty on the far left end. I found this to be the MOST excellent snorkeling spot in the Caribbean. Low pressure, lots of small fishes to swim with, and NO hassle from vendors, outsiders, and pushy locals trying to make a sale. No current, and best of all no deep water to be scared of. The beach is only about 40' from parking lot to water. The water is fairly shallow (waist deep) out to about 30' from the beach. There is /was nice snorkeling around the end of the jetty, and on the far side. The far side has HUGE boulders to swim around and see fish (for the swimmers)

One of the most spectacular things I remember about this beach is the intimate time My wife and I had. We went there and only had about 15 people on the whole beach. Maybe just luck. I guess we were lucky to have had the small snack shop open (with the bathrooms available) Unlike another post who mentioned the closure of the bathrooms, that would make a difference I think. You could just ask a Taxi driver if the snack bar is open. We simply walked up from the dock and grabbed a Taxi. We agreed that he would come back at 4:00 to pick us up, and he actually was back at 3:00 and waited

• 2 months later...
One of the most spectacular things I remember about this beach is the intimate time My wife and I had. We went there and only had about 15 people on the whole beach. Maybe just luck. I guess we were lucky to have had the small snack shop open (with the bathrooms available) Unlike another post who mentioned the closure of the bathrooms, that would make a difference I think. You could just ask a Taxi driver if the snack bar is open. We simply walked up from the dock and grabbed a Taxi. We agreed that he would come back at 4:00 to pick us up, and he actually was back at 3:00 and waited

We felt the same way - we were on a beautiful beach basically all alone. It was an amazing day!

Archived