ES- new rate is cheaper, but taxes are more?

williamson_ja

I just checked my rates today and it's listing the per person rate as cheaper than I paid, but the taxes and fees are more than I paid. Can I reduce my fare to the lower one without increasing the taxes and fees? I've never seen it happen like this. I'm not sure why the taxes and fees are more if the cruise rate is cheaper. makes no sense. :rolleyes:

I just checked my rates today and it's listing the per person rate as cheaper than I paid, but the taxes and fees are more than I paid. Can I reduce my fare to the lower one without increasing the taxes and fees? I've never seen it happen like this. I'm not sure why the taxes and fees are more if the cruise rate is cheaper. makes no sense. :rolleyes:

Taxes arent based on how much you pay. Everybody pays the same taxes.

I'd go ahead and submit the es form and get the reductiob.

Even if you don't you are still going to have to pay the higher taxes.

Bill

I went ahead and submitted the form. It wasn't for a lot... only $20, but it all adds up. I was shocked that it went down at all. I got this cruise for a killer deal in the first place. BTW, as I was checking my rates, I saw another cruise that was an EVEN BETTER deal than I got. The Glory and Valor both have sailings in December that are running $229 per person for a quad room in December 2011! Holy smokes that is cheap. :eek: It's with the More the Merrier special. Pretty cheap cruises to be had.

The reason the taxes and fees are more is because they recently added Roatan to the itinerary. Did you book prior to the itin change? I did for my 1-28-12 sailing on the same ship as you, and yes the taxes are more than when I booked. So you will have to pay the additional taxes, but those should appear on your S&S billing once on board. By the way, if the taxes and fees were to lower due to an itinerary change, the difference is given as OBC on the S&S billing once on board.

I went ahead and submitted the form. It wasn't for a lot... only $20, but it all adds up. I was shocked that it went down at all. I got this cruise for a killer deal in the first place. BTW, as I was checking my rates, I saw another cruise that was an EVEN BETTER deal than I got. The Glory and Valor both have sailings in December that are running $229 per person for a quad room in December 2011! Holy smokes that is cheap. :eek: It's with the More the Merrier special. Pretty cheap cruises to be had.

the prices on carnival.com are fake prices if 3 or 4 in the cabin. there are no 7 days for 229 for pax 1 and 2.. carnival averages the 3 or 4 prices together to fool you, but you cant use those prices to check prices, you need to be checking fareviewer.

check the Dream for Sept 17 2011. Balcony for $434.

Bill

I think I read Roatan was added to the itinerary, making one more port.

I saw the more the merrier ad. As another poster said, that's an "average" rate for 4, not $229 for passenger 1 and 2. They added up the true fares and divided it by 4 so it looked cheaper. I believe this is a standard practice to reduce passenger 3 and 4, but it was being promoted as a sale, and people bit on it as being a sale.

Are you on the roll call? I'm on the same cruise.

Archived