Booking two excursions at one port?

I am thinking on my next cruise to go river tubing in the morning and ride dune buggies in the afternoon.

The first excursion ends at 1pm and the second begins at 1:30.

Both would be booked through the cruise line.

Do you think that would be cutting it too close?

I did two excursions in one day in St. Maarten - the Adventure Canopy and Zipline tour in the morning and the Segway in the afternoon with only 45 minutes between them.

We were over 30 minutes late getting back to town after the zipline tour which left me 15 minutes to get off the bus, run back to the ship, go through security, ran up 9 flights of stairs as the lines for the elevators were very long because I needed to put my souvenir picture in the cabin since I couldn't take it on the segway, run back down the stairs and meet my husband! I actually made it on time and I was 62 years old!

So, it probably can be done but I certainly wouldn't recommend it. The shore excursion desk said that there would be no problem doing it - right.

Remember, one can never count on traffic being light.

Enjoy.

In St. Thomas we scheduled two excursions: Best of...tour from 9-12 and PowerSnorkeling from 1-4. We got back to the ship at 12 from the tour, dropped off the load of crap we bought, had time for a quick lunch at Senor Frogs...right by the dock and checked in for our snorkeling excursion. It can be done. It's just nerve-racking to think about prior to and the day of.

And remember if your last excursion is running late and it's a "Ship Contracted Excursion" the ship "will" wait for you and all those participating..Have seen this happen a few times before...Good entertainment watching those late excursion people running for the ship:eek:...Ship is not happy with the tour operators though....so it doesn't happen often...

And remember if your last excursion is running late and it's a "Ship Contracted Excursion" the ship "will" wait for you and all those participating..Have seen this happen a few times before...Good entertainment watching those late excursion people running for the ship:eek:...Ship is not happy with the tour operators though....so it doesn't happen often...

Have seen more often than not where the Ship Contracted Excursion did NOT wait. Believe that the the Ship Contracted Excursion is not contractually obligated to wait for someone who did not allow sufficient time between excursions. The ship excursion might wait if there is a large portion of the people on the previous tour scheduled for the next excursion. But waiting for only a 1 or 2 people is highly questionable if the bus will be held ? It's no different than if someone is running late and doesn't leave the ship in sufficient time to meet the tour bus. The shore excursion staff does not hold up the bus is that senerario so why wouldit be held because someone did not allow sufficeint time between tours. One has to always expect the expected when going on excurisions. 30 Minutes is too short of a window for comfort in my opinion. One should not paln excursion with the expectation that the next tour bus will be held for them if the first excursion runs late. The OP might seriously want to reconsider the time frame.

Have seen more often than not where the Ship Contracted Excursion did NOT wait. Believe that the the Ship Contracted Excursion is not contractually obligated to wait for someone who did not allow sufficient time between excursions. The ship excursion might wait if there is a large portion of the people on the previous tour scheduled for the next excursion. But waiting for only a 1 or 2 people is highly questionable if the bus will be held ? It's no different than if someone is running late and doesn't leave the ship in sufficient time to meet the tour bus. The shore excursion staff does not hold up the bus is that senerario so why wouldit be held because someone did not allow sufficeint time between tours. One has to always expect the expected when going on excurisions. 30 Minutes is too short of a window for comfort in my opinion. One should not paln excursion with the expectation that the next tour bus will be held for them if the first excursion runs late. The OP might seriously want to reconsider the time frame.

Thats cutting it really close. I wouldn't do it personally. Also, the poster above was talking about the ship waiting, not the tour. For the tours, they collect the tickets, leave mostly on time, and don't care if someone that paid for it doesn't show up for their time for the excursion.

Thats cutting it really close. I wouldn't do it personally. Also, the poster above was talking about the ship waiting, not the tour. For the tours, they collect the tickets, leave mostly on time, and don't care if someone that paid for it doesn't show up for their time for the excursion.

As the above poster..Thank you for reading my reply and understanding I "WAS" talking about the "SHIP" waiting...So many are too quick to respond without reading the details in a post...;):)

I did two excursions in one day in St. Maarten - the Adventure Canopy and Zipline tour in the morning and the Segway in the afternoon with only 45 minutes between them.

We were over 30 minutes late getting back to town after the zipline tour which left me 15 minutes to get off the bus, run back to the ship, go through security, ran up 9 flights of stairs as the lines for the elevators were very long because I needed to put my souvenir picture in the cabin since I couldn't take it on the segway, run back down the stairs and meet my husband! I actually made it on time and I was 62 years old!

So, it probably can be done but I certainly wouldn't recommend it. The shore excursion desk said that there would be no problem doing it - right.

Remember, one can never count on traffic being light.

Enjoy.

So you are not allowed to bring any items on Segaway? What about purse?

So you are not allowed to bring any items on Segaway? What about purse?

The segways do not have baskets to hold any items. Purses are Ok if it can be slung over the shoulders. Better yet be hung crosswise on the body. However I do question why the poster just couldn't bring their bag onto the nest bus rather than running back to the ship ? Afterall the bus is usually locked . However I would not recommend leaving a purse on the bus.

Archived