Should I be concerned about the ship not stopping at some of the ports in

stipmom

on a British Isles cruise? We are tendering in Guernsey and for Edinburgh but docking in Invergordon and the Irish ports. Some of the private tour companies want pretty big deposits or payment in full. Thanks

There sometimes can be a problem for Guernsey with choppy seas and it is well known that this port can be missed. Just be aware that this could happen. We have friends who have missed this port of call 3 times and yet when we went we were fine. Are you sure that you are tendering at Edinburgh?

on a British Isles cruise? We are tendering in Guernsey and for Edinburgh but docking in Invergordon and the Irish ports. Some of the private tour companies want pretty big deposits or payment in full. Thanks

Does your travel insurance not cover this?

I would be concerned about the tours if you do not get your money back if the ship does not make port.

I would be sure you can get a refund in those cases

Any port that you tender to can be missed do to seas even some that you dock at can be missed

enjoy the cruise

Are you sure that you are tendering at Edinburgh?

Likely coming into South Queensferry, which is a tender port, rather than docking at Leith. It will take a bit longer to get into central Edinburgh; you might want to arrange with others to share a cab if your cruise line doesn't run a shuttle bus. You can also take a train from near the tender dock, but it involves going up about 150 steps since the rails are at the level of the bridge under which your ship will dock, not at ground level.

We just returned from the 12 Day Princess British Isles our. We were able to get into all ports. You really can do Guernsey on your town with the 7 and 7A bus. Very convenient and inexpensive. Edin borough is also easy to go on your own as well. We did have to give several upfront deposits on other tours in other ports. I covered it under my insurance. Happy planning. It is a lovely trip.

Archived