forward, midship, aft

SmileEh

Hello.. I have cruised only with cabins midship or aft.. I have never had a forward cabin and I am nervous.. I am booked on the Glory in cabin 1214.. is it that much more wavier.. because I was strongly thinking of calling Carnival and seeing if they would move my cabin as there are now midship and aft cabins available.. or should I not even bother?

Hello.. I have cruised only with cabins midship or aft.. I have never had a forward cabin and I am nervous.. I am booked on the Glory in cabin 1214.. is it that much more wavier.. because I was strongly thinking of calling Carnival and seeing if they would move my cabin as there are now midship and aft cabins available.. or should I not even bother?

If it is that much of a concern to you, and the cabin is in your price range..don't second guess yourself.

Rough seas will always be a crap shoot... we can't control the weather, unfortunately!

I have to agree... Should the seas be active at all you'll notice the motion quite a bit more than you would midships... Also, you're quite close to the mechanicals. I'm betting that you'll hear the thrusters operate and the anchor drop or raise should y'all tender at any of your ports...

:)

The motion will depend mostly on the weather, much less on where you are on the ship. I've been forward, mid and aft always on Empress or Verandah and never been uncomfortable at all in the cabin. To the other posters' points though, midship will be the best spot on a rough night.

you are booked into a 4a one of the cheapest categories.

But there are cat 4a in the aft.

(thats where I will be since it is a far walk to the food/pools every day--sometimes twice a day.

Midship is a category higher-- cateory 4B which is also located a deck higher

you want to be careful being on that deck=- be mindful what is above you.

You do not want to be under noisy areas-- like the galley or the show lounge

This is the reason we LOVE forward cabins. The rocking lulls me to sleep.

If you are concerned, then you should move your cabin. The least it will do is ease your mind so you can enjoy the days leading up to your cruise.

Happy cruising.

Quite honestly....

I cant tell the difference in fwd, mid, aft. When it is rough water you will feel it!!! If its not... Smooth sailing is to be expected.

I suggest next time you are on board. Go from top to bottom and front to back and see if you can really tell that much difference in the movement of the ship. I cant!

I do understand the science that if the ship sways side to side or front to back that the further you are from the center of the swing the move distance it moves. BUT I cant tell that much difference. Just my .02

thanks for all the suggestions.. I called Carnival this morning and they said I can be moved to an aft 4A stateroom on Deck 2 for an additional fee of $25 per person.. I assume that's because the price has went up since last week grrr.. but then I was told for an extra $50 per person I can move to the aft of Deck 7.. so I decided that it was worth the extra 50 bucks and am now booked in a 4E stateroom on the 7th deck.. now I won't have to use the elevators as its only two flights of stairs to get to the pools and buffet.. so glad I did it.. hope my vacation partner is too as I have yet to tell her lol.. oh well, worse case scenerio I have to pay her share.. still worth it in my opinion :rolleyes:

thanks for all the suggestions.. I called Carnival this morning and they said I can be moved to an aft 4A stateroom on Deck 2 for an additional fee of $25 per person.. I assume that's because the price has went up since last week grrr.. but then I was told for an extra $50 per person I can move to the aft of Deck 7.. so I decided that it was worth the extra 50 bucks and am now booked in a 4E stateroom on the 7th deck.. now I won't have to use the elevators as its only two flights of stairs to get to the pools and buffet.. so glad I did it.. hope my vacation partner is too as I have yet to tell her lol.. oh well, worse case scenerio I have to pay her share.. still worth it in my opinion :rolleyes:

deck 7 is a better choice then deck 2- Its our chosen area.

Archived