First time on MSC (and the Opera) and thoughts from an experienced cruiser

Marylebone37

:eek:

I'd hate to have a nightmare about a cruise :eek:

But I DO recommend the chocolate :)

I have brought some along on every one of my cruises (no matter the cruise line), b/c it is one of the hardest things to come by on the ships nowadays! And if you don't end up eating it all, the leftovers can make a nice small gift for your stewards, waiters, or any other crew you come across that could use a smile ;)

:eek: YIKES!!! How can anyone use "leftovers" and "chocolate" in the same sentence?!?! Even the thought of sharing is a bit of a struggle! :)

I am considering booking the Lirica for a 12 day cruise to the Baltic next June, but wanted to get some feedback from others regarding what on line booking agents call the "European" feel of the MSC line vs. the more U.S. "traditional" cruise lines I've sailed. I don't even know what they mean by that term!

My daughter, her husband and their 2 boys (12 & 8 next June) will be joining me. Does MSC have on board activities for the kids? (I expect so, since kids sail free) Does the "European" feel extend to the shore excursions, and, if so, to what degree? My experience so far has been that I haven't met a cruise ship that I didn't like, but would rather not fly to Europe to find the first one! I sailed the Baltic on the Rotterdam several years ago and loved it...don't want this trip to be a disappointment for my daughter and her family.

I agree with Woodofpine and also tend to cruise for the itinerary. Don't fret! Even given our very mediocre experience, I still had a good time per my original comments. Got to see many new places and spend an extended amount of time with good friends catching up. The actual CRUISE experience (service, food, ship amenities etc.) was the disappointing part, because we know how much better there is out there. So if you've booked and have planned a cruise on MSC for whatever reasons - give it a shot. But if you haven't booked yet, I'd recommend you think about that old adage that my mother used to tell me many years ago: Don't throw good money after bad, no matter how inexpensive it is. In my opinion, if you can't afford another line for whatever reason and you've got your heart set on a cruise (vs. land-based holiday) - then it's worth delaying your vacation, saving a little extra, and going on another far superior line (just about any other line, frankly). Just like buying anything else at a bargain price... you get what you pay for 8 or 9 times out of 10. By the way, MSC Opera is not even close to being in the same league as the Rotterdam though. Just know that going in and lower expectations accordingly.

:eek: YIKES!!! How can anyone use "leftovers" and "chocolate" in the same sentence?!?! Even the thought of sharing is a bit of a struggle! :)

I am considering booking the Lirica for a 12 day cruise to the Baltic next June, but wanted to get some feedback from others regarding what on line booking agents call the "European" feel of the MSC line vs. the more U.S. "traditional" cruise lines I've sailed. I don't even know what they mean by that term!

My daughter, her husband and their 2 boys (12 & 8 next June) will be joining me. Does MSC have on board activities for the kids? (I expect so, since kids sail free) Does the "European" feel extend to the shore excursions, and, if so, to what degree? My experience so far has been that I haven't met a cruise ship that I didn't like, but would rather not fly to Europe to find the first one! I sailed the Baltic on the Rotterdam several years ago and loved it...don't want this trip to be a disappointment for my daughter and her family.

I took my two on our cruises and they had a fantastic time - I think on the Baltic cruises they would have more English speaking people than on the European/med cruises. My 10 year old had the time of her life and cant wait for our next MSC cruise. I ate in the buffet on my first cruise and that was an experience although I am an early riser and didnt have a problem at breakfast we did find it busy at lunch. But the next cruise we found the dining rooms and enjoyed table service :). In the MDR at dinner, MSC seems to sit you near other families of similar nationality which helps in finding friends and certainly helped my two. After the first day we never saw them - they were off enjoying every moment. I never heard them complain once ! My DH and I also found nothing to complain about and had two very wonderful holidays. WE loved the food, the atmosphere, the entertainment, the whole experience. WE especially loved being able to travel to such exotic locations with all the amenities included. Give it a try - I doubt that you will be disappointed.

My daughter, her husband and their 2 boys (12 & 8 next June) will be joining me. Does MSC have on board activities for the kids? (I expect so, since kids sail free) Does the "European" feel extend to the shore excursions, and, if so, to what degree? My experience so far has been that I haven't met a cruise ship that I didn't like, but would rather not fly to Europe to find the first one! I sailed the Baltic on the Rotterdam several years ago and loved it...don't want this trip to be a disappointment for my daughter and her family

HAL is our favorite line, MSC is nothing like it, don't cheapen a nice vacation by booking a cruise that won't meet your expectations.

Spend a few more dollars and get the experience you want. I've learned my lesson, on the cruises that count, go with a brand you trust.

There was no noticable "European" feel to it at all, unless as woodofpine states you consider substandard cafeteria style food "European".

Shore excursions are shore excursions, no difference there, book independents for a better time.

You will certainly miss HAL detail to service, you will be very frustrated by the indifference of the customer service team and senior crew.

A trip like that, go with who you know and like.

I may have had a better experience than Stines because I was on a brand new ship (3 weeks post launch) and the itinerary/schedule made MSC 'competitive' in my mind. My service experience on the ship was very good; embarkation was a riot though (and not in the fun way).

We cruised the Med on MSC during USA school 'spring break' a year ago. That period (March) was 'pre-season' for the other major large ship lines in the Med (except Italian Costa which gets very similar reviews to MSC). In addition to the schedule 'exclusivity' of MSC (and Costa), and MSC Magnifica being brand new, I was pulled by the 'when in Rome' notion of cruising an Italian line in the Med. In that regard, I believe cruising MSC in the Caribbean would be positively weird, mainly because my experience and expectations have been formed by lines like Princess/HAL/X in the Caribbean - and generally. The cruise that followed MSC Magnifica was HAL Ryndam (an older smaller ship I really enjoyed - especially the food!). We're going to largely duplicate the Ryndam cruise in a few months on C. Legend which will be a change again... Viva Las Vegas! Hey - its ALL good!:)

I may have had a better experience than Stines because I was on a brand new ship (3 weeks post launch) and the itinerary/schedule made MSC 'competitive' in my mind. My service experience on the ship was very good; embarkation was a riot though (and not in the fun way).

We cruised the Med on MSC during USA school 'spring break' a year ago. That period (March) was 'pre-season' for the other major large ship lines in the Med (except Italian Costa which gets very similar reviews to MSC). In addition to the schedule 'exclusivity' of MSC (and Costa), and MSC Magnifica being brand new, I was pulled by the 'when in Rome' notion of cruising an Italian line in the Med. In that regard, I believe cruising MSC in the Caribbean would be positively weird, mainly because my experience and expectations have been formed by lines like Princess/HAL/X in the Caribbean - and generally. The cruise that followed MSC Magnifica was HAL Ryndam (an older smaller ship I really enjoyed - especially the food!). We're going to largely duplicate the Ryndam cruise in a few months on C. Legend which will be a change again... Viva Las Vegas! Hey - its ALL good!:)

We've always felt CCL offered good value for the dollar, and the food is actually pretty good, better than NCL or MSC for sure.

I'm sure you've seen or heard about their new menu, I'll be interested in your review when you get back, and my own in a couple months.

We've always felt CCL offered good value for the dollar, and the food is actually pretty good, better than NCL or MSC for sure.

I'm sure you've seen or heard about their new menu, I'll be interested in your review when you get back, and my own in a couple months.

I've not cruised NCL (I was considering a 'history' cruise on Norway/SS France, then her old steam engine blew her to the breakers). One poster suggested that if you get a good enough deal on NCL (and they offer the best at times), then mentally budget for specialty dining ($120-150pp per cruise) then you can cure that line's weakness and still have a super value cruise. I don't know - someday... My son think's the hull paint jobs are 'cool'...

I'm looking forward to the Carnival cruise (big family get together). My two cruises on Carnival were opposites. The first was a super short (cheap) one on Fantasy back in '02 and I came away a Carnival basher. BUT - 3/4 day ships of take a beating turning pax twice a week and so do their crews. I learned those aren't a real fair indicater.

The second Carnival cruise on Miracle was excellent. The dining service style was relaxed - but the crewman were nice. The food was not fancy - but the basic ingredients and offerings were very good. Carnival's worked hard to improve their galley so if there's new menus that'll be interesting. I thought the Spirit class ship was very impressive and the cabins excellent so I'm looking forward to Legend. We've got a group of extended aft verandas which ought to be great. Here's hoping...

I've not cruised NCL (I was considering a 'history' cruise on Norway/SS France, then her old steam engine blew her to the breakers). One poster suggested that if you get a good enough deal on NCL (and they offer the best at times), then mentally budget for specialty dining ($120-150pp per cruise) then you can cure that line's weakness and still have a super value cruise. I don't know - someday... My son think's the hull paint jobs are 'cool'...

I'm looking forward to the Carnival cruise (big family get together). My two cruises on Carnival were opposites. The first was a super short (cheap) one on Fantasy back in '02 and I came away a Carnival basher. BUT - 3/4 day ships of take a beating turning pax twice a week and so do their crews. I learned those aren't a real fair indicater.

The second Carnival cruise on Miracle was excellent. The dining service style was relaxed - but the crewman were nice. The food was not fancy - but the basic ingredients and offerings were very good. Carnival's worked hard to improve their galley so if there's new menus that'll be interesting. I thought the Spirit class ship was very impressive and the cabins excellent so I'm looking forward to Legend. We've got a group of extended aft verandas which ought to be great. Here's hoping...

Your friend is correct, we ended up on the NCL Jewel by default for our Baltic cruise after Carnival pulled out of Europe for that season (2009) and cancelled our cruise.

We ended up with lots of OBC, which we used in the specialty restaurants and I'm glad we did, the MDR was horrible, food and service.

I think all 3/4 day cruises are tough, I think they attract a different crowd and are rough on the crew, neither one seems to shine on any cruise line in those circumstances.

New menus, which I think look pretty good:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/menus/2011-08-15/Didja%20menus/

We have traveled on Carnival 3 times in the last two years. we loved everything about it. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We never left the table unsatisfied. The food was very good. Our waiters went out of there way to make sure we were happy. One of our waiters was also waiting on a table with a large family from India. They were given special meals because of dietary restrictions. My husband asked our waiter what some of the items were and he realized my husband would like to try some of the items. the rest of the cruise my husband was able to sample all of the new dishes. He was is food heaven. The buffet area was crowded but we never went without a place to sit and the food was fresh.

I think all 3/4 day cruises are tough, I think they attract a different crowd

Me thinks too! On Fantasy we went over to the Bahamas in October so it was probably one of the cheapest fares of the year. There were some passengers that were more than rough around the edges... And there were other things... BUT! There were a couple of noteworthy nice entrees in the MDR - the Beef Wellington was the best I've ever had or seen- some highs and some weird lows.

Talking short cruises... On an old nautical lark (to compensate for the retired SS Norway-France) we took the Regal Empress over to Nassau (2 nights) before she went to the breakers. The MDR was OK+ really. The ship was 50 years old with some amazing quirks and wear. The partially open, partially covered partial promenade had a plush/frumpy old sofa on it like you'd expect in a genteel frat house!:) They'd retro fitted a tiny pool onto the rear deck. Back there a couple women stylistically and visually dominated the small lounge scene; I'd wager red light district money they were 'professional women' (of the oldest professional sort);) They were vacationing I'm sure - or fairly sure, but the entire ship and 'vibe' was sort of hysterical. Still in some ways it beat overnight 'deck passage' in spring '78 on a ship that ran Brindisi-Corfu-Igouminitsa-Patras in the Med. That was memorable too! Thawing out to sunrise over Corfu's harbor will remain with me. I was young then. Still am dang it!

I've always regretted not having the opportunity to cruise on some of the smaller, traditional cruise ships and ocean liners of yesterday, being a huge history buff it is an era I would have liked to experience (I think).

Haven't tried the RCCL mega pair yet either, been looking at fall 2012 but not sure I'm going to, we cruise for the ports, not the ship, but a nice onboard experience is hard to beat.

Sounds like you've had some good ones

I have looked at all the signatures in this thread:

The ones with only MSC experience and first time cruisers love the MSC.

More experienced cruisers who also have used other lines think MSC is lousy.

My opinion: They used to be good a few years ago, but it's downhill from then, my last Opera experience only a few months back was less than satisfactory to say it diplomatic.

My opinion: They used to be good a few years ago, but it's downhill from then, my last Opera experience only a few months back was less than satisfactory to say it diplomatic.

We have sailed with nine cruiselines, nineteen cruises in all, and looking forward immensely to a "new" cruiseline experience i.e. MSC. The stuff written on this board by some does not bother me in the slightest, having experienced whingers on every cruise we have experienced. We always go with an open attitude, expecting to enjoy.....have not yet met a cruise which we did not enjoy, which does not mean they were all equal.

Highly confident that will be the case with MSC, we know food is not up there with the best but we cruise principally for itinery (new ports) and not only for food. Will report fully following our Armonia cruise from Venice 9 September. We are doing two cruises, also sailing on Voyager of Seas on 17 September, knowing full well that VofS will offer better food and entertainment.

You are quite correct and the latest Opera review from a cruiser well experienced with other lines feels the same:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=87724

We have sailed with nine cruiselines, nineteen cruises in all, and looking forward immensely to a "new" cruiseline experience i.e. MSC. The stuff written on this board by some does not bother me in the slightest, having experienced whingers on every cruise we have experienced. We always go with an open attitude, expecting to enjoy.....have not yet met a cruise which we did not enjoy, which does not mean they were all equal.

Highly confident that will be the case with MSC, we know food is not up there with the best but we cruise principally for itinery (new ports) and not only for food. Will report fully following our Armonia cruise from Venice 9 September. We are doing two cruises, also sailing on Voyager of Seas on 17 September, knowing full well that VofS will offer better food and entertainment.

Well I must agree with you somewhat: I have never had a bad cruise either. But some cruises are definitely better than others (charging roughly the same price, that is). But my last experience on the Opera was a totally no care attitude of the often invisible management on board.

And there is no excuse for that.

I am looking forward to see your reviews of the Armonia and the Voyager of the Seas. I will be on the last ship a few weeks later, same itinerary.

I read that review Zambe...

For more reasons than are worth going into it seems very low cred. I can see why you 'like it' though. Some don't like something, wrap themselves up in that, re-play it, resend it through your head (resent), self-validate, pump it up, make a career choice out of misery!

Life can be great, problems are guaranteed. Misery is an option.

MSC isn't for everyone. But its the perfect fit for others.

it is a perfect fit for us~~

There is a lot of truth in this, looking at the reviews in general will bear this out.

Check out the cruising experience and ratings of the last few reviewers:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/msc-cruises/cl/

Of course, there is always going to be an exception, as I'm sure someone & somebody will be quick to point out an individual experience as an example, but on the average it's true.

There is a lot of truth in this, looking at the reviews in general will bear this out.

Check out the cruising experience and ratings of the last few reviewers:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/msc-cruises/cl/

Of course, there is always going to be an exception, as I'm sure someone & somebody will be quick to point out an individual experience as an example, but on the average it's true.

I am glad you mentioned these reviews. I was happy to see the orchestra had very good reviews.

I have read all of the low scoring reviews and can only realise that there are the same three dominent themes emerging.

The first issues seems to be a socio economic one. Alot of the people who don't like MSC seem to be cruising on a budget, which is all good and well given the current economic crises, however realistically, to downgrade a cruise line becuase it makes you donate to charity (horrified is the only word that I have for the comments by the people who have an issue with this) or that you pay a daily service charge of 7 EUR a day.....7 EUR a day I mean realistically who cares about such an insignificant value, especially when MSC is generally cheaper than the competitors.........ahhhhh there it is - people who complain about the money have booked a cheap cruise becuase that is all that they can budget for and expected a Cunard Queens Grill experience.

The second dominent issue is that of the food. Well, as mentioned earlier I personally believe that the food is in fact average and there is room for improvement, however I do not cruise to eat. Anglo Saxons seem sooo pre-occupied with the issue of food that no wonder obesity has developed into such epidemic proportions. But further to this the issue of food is also linked to my third dominent issue.

The third issue would be that of crossculturalism and the common fact that anglo saxons refuse to adapt to their surroundings. This is an Italian Ship sailing from an Italian harbour, with Italian Offices......and it is a classic example of when in Rome, do as the Romans. Having lived in Paris for several years it became evident that this is the exact same reason why the French have little or no time for American Tourists......it is the later's belief, alternatively portrayed belief that everything should be standardised to that of America.

So, essentially if you fit into any of the above categories, I can tell you right now that you won't enjoy an MSC cruise, if you don't wellcome aboard.

I have read all of the low scoring reviews and can only realise that there are the same three dominent themes emerging.

The first issues seems to be a socio economic one. Alot of the people who don't like MSC seem to be cruising on a budget, which is all good and well given the current economic crises, however realistically, to downgrade a cruise line becuase it makes you donate to charity (horrified is the only word that I have for the comments by the people who have an issue with this) or that you pay a daily service charge of 7 EUR a day.....7 EUR a day I mean realistically who cares about such an insignificant value, especially when MSC is generally cheaper than the competitors.........ahhhhh there it is - people who complain about the money have booked a cheap cruise becuase that is all that they can budget for and expected a Cunard Queens Grill experience.

The second dominent issue is that of the food. Well, as mentioned earlier I personally believe that the food is in fact average and there is room for improvement, however I do not cruise to eat. Anglo Saxons seem sooo pre-occupied with the issue of food that no wonder obesity has developed into such epidemic proportions. But further to this the issue of food is also linked to my third dominent issue.

The third issue would be that of crossculturalism and the common fact that anglo saxons refuse to adapt to their surroundings. This is an Italian Ship sailing from an Italian harbour, with Italian Offices......and it is a classic example of when in Rome, do as the Romans. Having lived in Paris for several years it became evident that this is the exact same reason why the French have little or no time for American Tourists......it is the later's belief, alternatively portrayed belief that everything should be standardised to that of America.

So, essentially if you fit into any of the above categories, I can tell you right now that you won't enjoy an MSC cruise, if you don't wellcome aboard.

As the original poster of this thread, I disagree with all 3 points.

1) I do not cruise on a budget (my friends would hoot and holler if anyone told me I had to do anything on a budget!). I went on MSC purely for the itinerary and to spend time with friends who were also interested in the ports. My last 8 cruises have been on a combo of Seabourn, Silversea, and Fred Olsen. I knew I was going on a lower-end line - but still, not something as cheap-feeling as what the MSC Opera provided. As I said in an earlier post... lesson learned to everyone reading here. When it comes to MSC... you indeed get what you pay for.

2) While I am American, I have lived in Europe now for years, and much prefer the European dining experience over the mass quantities of (regularly bad, high-calorie) food that is becoming so commonplace in the USA. So my bad comments about the food were from that (European) perspective... and let me tell you again - the buffet was simply horrible and the restaurant food quality, while better than the buffet for sure, was way below the restaurant standard available on any other line out there - regardless of price.

3) I firmly believe that everything should *NOT* be standardised to that of America. When it comes to food, service, attitude, patience, manners, and society in general as a whole - I think America has quite a bit to learn from the Europeans. I won't go into those details here, but suffice it to say - and as I said in my original post - I appreciated all the different nationalities on board and their interactions, and viewed that as a positive of my experience on the Opera, not a negative. Geeze... being crammed on the Opera for a week with all Americans would have been absolutely, positively dreadful! At least the Europeans made it more interesting and spiced things up a bit thank goodness.

So in summary, my low scoring review had nothing whatsoever to do with the 3 themes as outlined. Too generalized, totally wrong and misinformed.

I am glad you mentioned these reviews. I was happy to see the orchestra had very good reviews.

To me, the most interesting thing, and I think the attraction that brings us back to the MSC board time after time is the love it or hate it aspect of MSC.

The reviews are mostly either 1 star or 5 star, very few middle of the road.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise, we've probably scared you so bad at this point the Titanic would seem attractive!!:p

As I think I've said, I gave it a B-, I've never had a bad cruise and short of the Carnival Splendor fire or some other like tragedy no one else has either.

The 5+* reviews seem to drive some of us nuts, and the 1* reviews certainly seem to insult those that really like MSC.

Again, I'm sure everyone will have a great cruise, I believe we just like to keep our debate skills sharp on this board.

:)

Allaboard - based on what you describe, you'd almost certainly enjoy Holland America or Celebrity cruise styles. They're both traditional 'classic cruises' but their galleys are almost universally deemed superior to MSC's.

There are two notions that are generally accepted on these forums that I think are largely mistaken. One is that MSC is 'cheaper'. MSC can be cheaper - when it runs deals during off seasons on particular routes. But its competitors also regularly offer highly competitive deals on certain routes too. Add the higher (non-alcoholic) beverage bill on MSC cruises and the prices differences are either insignificant - or not even in MSC's favor.

The second notion is that large ship lines that are successful in the USA are therefore 'American'. Because they have offices here? Does that mean Toyota and Honda are 'American'. Those car companies have USA manufacturing, USA coporate entities, and sell a ton of product here; so they're American? (No) They probably employ more Americans than the cruiselines.

Celebrity was founded not so long ago (1980's) in Greece. Its officers and hotel managers remain almost exclusively Greek. Holland-America, the name says it all. Which is first? Its officers and hotel managers are mainly Dutch. Its service crew is largely Indonesian (as in 'Dutch East Indies'). Are any of the ships US flagged? (No.) Dutch flagged? (Yes.) Critical componants of the major cruiselines' business organization are non-USA. Certainly, the potent USA taxing authority (the IRS) has learned that it can't claim the lines as 'American'. So these non-USA officers, hotel managers, and crewman (including chefs) operate non-USA ships for corporate entities that are as likely as not non-USA; how does one so broadly paint them as 'American'? Simply, because they're successful here and internationally? (I'm flattered!) Because corporate shares may be traded on American stock exchanges? If I listed the Non-USA businesses with equity listed and traded in New York, I'd be here all day.

What nationality is Costa? I think the supposed distinctions certain posters make based on a presummed cruiseline 'nationality' is often factually unsound, generally irrelevant, and even a pretext for bias. It's worth discussion for some limited purposes but to use an American expression - to try to 'make a silk purse out of a sow's ear' simply because the sow isn't 'American' is futile (the silk isn't American either!). ;)

Again - based on your preferences, you ought to try HAL or X.

Allaboard - based on what you describe, you'd almost certainly enjoy Holland America or Celebrity cruise styles. They're both traditional 'classic cruises' but their galleys are almost universally deemed superior to MSC's.

There are two notions that are generally accepted on these forums that I think are largely mistaken. One is that MSC is 'cheaper'. MSC can be cheaper - when it runs deals during off seasons on particular routes. But its competitors also regularly offer highly competitive deals on certain routes too. Add the higher (non-alcoholic) beverage bill on MSC cruises and the prices differences are either insignificant - or not even in MSC's favor.

The second notion is that large ship lines that are successful in the USA are therefore 'American'. Because they have offices here? Does that mean Toyota and Honda are 'American'. Those car companies have USA manufacturing, USA coporate entities, and sell a ton of product here; so they're American? (No) They probably employ more Americans than the cruiselines.

Celebrity was founded not so long ago (1980's) in Greece. Its officers and hotel managers remain almost exclusively Greek. Holland-America, the name says it all. Which is first? Its officers and hotel managers are mainly Dutch. Its service crew is largely Indonesian (as in 'Dutch East Indies'). Are any of the ships US flagged? (No.) Dutch flagged? (Yes.) Critical componants of the major cruiselines' business organization are non-USA. Certainly, the potent USA taxing authority (the IRS) has learned that it can't claim the lines as 'American'. So these non-USA officers, hotel managers, and crewman (including chefs) operate non-USA ships for corporate entities that are as likely as not non-USA; how does one so broadly paint them as 'American'? Simply, because they're successful here and internationally? (I'm flattered!) Because corporate shares may be traded on American stock exchanges? If I listed the Non-USA businesses with equity listed and traded in New York, I'd be here all day.

What nationality is Costa? I think the supposed distinctions certain posters make based on a presummed cruiseline 'nationality' is often factually unsound, generally irrelevant, and even a pretext for bias. It's worth discussion for some limited purposes but to use an American expression - to try to 'make a silk purse out of a sow's ear' simply because the sow isn't 'American' is futile (the silk isn't American either!). ;)

Again - based on your preferences, you ought to try HAL or X.

I think the main reason MSC is considered cheaper is "the kids sail free" aspect.

Very good and valid points in this post regarding nationality!

To me, the most interesting thing, and I think the attraction that brings us back to the MSC board time after time is the love it or hate it aspect of MSC.

The reviews are mostly either 1 star or 5 star, very few middle of the road.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise, we've probably scared you so bad at this point the Titanic would seem attractive!!:p

As I think I've said, I gave it a B-, I've never had a bad cruise and short of the Carnival Splendor fire or some other like tragedy no one else has either.

The 5+* reviews seem to drive some of us nuts, and the 1* reviews certainly seem to insult those that really like MSC.

Again, I'm sure everyone will have a great cruise, I believe we just like to keep our debate skills sharp on this board.

:)

That sums it up...well said

I will compare our MSC cruises to our upcoming X cruise, and hopefully be pleased.

Archived