basketballs on the Summit

mermaidofmanhattan

Our ritual upon boarding any M-class ship is to hit the buffet, then go "up top" and shoot baskets. Now mind you, we're not athletes, we're a 60 yo couple who just think it's fun. We have always found the basketballs to be quite springy (is that the word?), not flat at all...so springy we find ourselves chasing them quite a bit. If they are by some chance flat, I'm sure you can find someone to pump them up. They are located in big covered bins on the sides. Don't bother bringing your own.

I've been on cruises where they did have tournaments, etc., but really didn't pay much attention since we didn't care. If he's going to be in the youth group, that would be something he could ask to see if anyone else is interested.

Our ritual upon boarding any M-class ship is to hit the buffet, then go "up top" and shoot baskets. Now mind you, we're not athletes, we're a 60 yo couple who just think it's fun. We have always found the basketballs to be quite springy (is that the word?), not flat at all...so springy we find ourselves chasing them quite a bit. If they are by some chance flat, I'm sure you can find someone to pump them up. They are located in big covered bins on the sides. Don't bother bringing your own.

I've been on cruises where they did have tournaments, etc., but really didn't pay much attention since we didn't care. If he's going to be in the youth group, that would be something he could ask to see if anyone else is interested.

Thank you so much, warmwinds. And my boy would love to play with you, or anybody, lol! Loves people, loves sports. Thanks again!

Are the basketballs decent on the Summit, or would my son be wise to bring his own?

Any info about basketball; pick up games, organized tournaments and anything else pertaining to the teens and sports would be useful for my 14 yr. old athlete, thanks!

We went up top (on the Summit) in June and couldn't find any basketballs. Not sure if they stored them at the Customer service desk?? On other Millennium class ships they keep them in the lift-up wood benches up at the courts.

Good Luck!

Kel:)

Are the basketballs decent on the Summit, or would my son be wise to bring his own?

Any info about basketball; pick up games, organized tournaments and anything else pertaining to the teens and sports would be useful for my 14 yr. old athlete, thanks!

On our recent trip, no the one ball that was there was not decent.....none in the wood benches. My DH went there twice with my son.....both times no one else was there. The Fun Factory club for that age may have an organized basketball activity...they did for the 9-11 year olds but it was one afternoon (my son doesn't attend in the afternoons) and it was for a very short period.

That's our tradition too, plus we play a few games of ping pong in the wind and then walk around the ship taking pictures. It's always exciting to get to our new "home" for a week.

On our recent trip, no the one ball that was there was not decent.....none in the wood benches. My DH went there twice with my son.....both times no one else was there. The Fun Factory club for that age may have an organized basketball activity...they did for the 9-11 year olds but it was one afternoon (my son doesn't attend in the afternoons) and it was for a very short period.

Hmmm... well, we'll bring one along then, thank you. And I hope someone else will want to shoot around with my son; I 'll try, but at this point, it's pretty laughable, we just end up giggling. Whatever, that's fun too!

Archived