Pre-cruise at the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale

senior lady

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale??? We're there for 1 night on our pre-cruise hotel. I'm thinking that if it's nice, I may ask our TA if we can fly in 2 days early.

Not sure if that's possible, as we've a pkg, air,hotel and cruise.

:confused:

Hi:) I haven't stayed there but have friends who did. They loved it. And the location is fabulous.

Oh, I did have breakfast there once! They have a lovely All you can eat breakfast buffet. It was 11.95 I believe. It was excellent.

We spent one pre-cruise night there in December 2004 and would definitely go back. Good location--close to a Publix, Walgreens, restaurants and most importantly--the port. We could see our ship from our bedroom window!

Also the hotel personnel were very friendly--noticeably more than most hotel stays. Have a great trip!

Cat, they have since built a brand new Publix! I was there 2 weeks ago. It is located behind the Embassy Suites. There will be all kinds of other stores there as well. The entire shopping center is NEW:D

The Rennaissance does have a shuttle, and it costs $4.00 per person. We took the shuttle, but the cab would be MUCH better. They cram you into the van, as there are usually several there for the shuttle. On our shuttle ride, the shuttle driver said that Celebrity would be first. Our luggage went in last and so did we (per his instructions). Guess where we sat?...crawling over everyone to the very back seat that no one wants to sit in. Then crawling over everyone to get off first. I definitely would consider a taxi.

The hotel is very nice.

Grace

Given a choice between the Renaissance and Hyatt Pier 66, which one does everyone like better??? We have always been pleased with Hyatt Pier 66, but now I am wondering if we should book the Renaissance instead.

Thanks for the help.

Given a choice between the Renaissance and Hyatt Pier 66, which one does everyone like better??? We have always been pleased with Hyatt Pier 66, but now I am wondering if we should book the Renaissance instead.

Thanks for the help.

I prefer Hyatts grounds, pool, choice of restaurants and revolving rooftop lounge overlooking Port Everglades. The Rennaisance is a fine Marriott property but IMHO the Hyatt property offers a bit more. ;)

Emerald: No, there is no shuttle service for the Renaissance from the airport. We got a taxi right outside the luggage collection. I believe the cost was around 12.00. All the taxis are metered.

Grace

• 2 months later...

You pay per taxi not per person.... depending on how many pieces of luggage it could get a bit crowded with 4 in a taxi. At the Renaissance they do offer a shuttle service. You buy your ticket at the concierge in the lobby ahead of time for $4.00 per person. We just did this this past April and they use an air conditioned bus with a luggage carrier on the back...there were about 20 people in the shuttle/bus and they stopped at each of the ships that were in port.The first shuttle leaves at 11 am and that was the one we took.

This is another option to get to the port from this hotel. We have done both taxi and this shuttle...

Emmy

Thanks Emmy - I also read on another board where people WALKED to the port and pulled their luggage!!

Sounds like it might be fun - the post I read said there were 10 people involved with 4 children under 5 and 4 strollers and six rolling suitcases! They were there in 10 minutes.

I might check at the hotel and see what they say!

Vickie

Thanks Emmy - I also read on another board where people WALKED to the port and pulled their luggage!!

Sounds like it might be fun - the post I read said there were 10 people involved with 4 children under 5 and 4 strollers and six rolling suitcases! They were there in 10 minutes.

I might check at the hotel and see what they say!

Vickie

That does NOT sound like vacation to me!!! :rolleyes:

was there for my pre-cruise on 5/27 - very nice hotel, i'd definitely stay there again.

if driving yourself, be advised that the lobby entrance is NOT at the eisenhower stoplight - you turn left a hundred yards before, where it almost looks like you're turning into the shopping area parking lot... you'll then see the entrance to the valet area on your right.

Archived