Multiple appetizer selections on the Dream

HIPrincess

We have never sailed on a Carnival ship before and prefer RCCL and Princess or Disney. However our DD and her husband asked us to join them and some friends on a Carnival cruise. One of their friends planned it and we couldn't dissuade them to go with RCCL or Princess. My question is, at the evening meal selection, can you choice more than one appetizer and not be charged for it? Also, do they provide free soda at dinner or is there a charge for it? Is there soda available anywhere on the ship for free?

We have never sailed on a Carnival ship before and prefer RCCL and Princess or Disney. However our DD and her husband asked us to join them and some friends on a Carnival cruise. One of their friends planned it and we couldn't dissuade them to go with RCCL or Princess. My question is, at the evening meal selection, can you choice more than one appetizer and not be charged for it? Also, do they provide free soda at dinner or is there a charge for it? Is there soda available anywhere on the ship for free?

In the MDR you can order as much as you want with no extra charge. Is there a cruiseline that charges extra if you order more than one?

There is a charge for soda everywhere, but if you drink a lot, you can get a soda card at a flat rate for unlimited soda.

In the MDR you can order as much as you want with no extra charge. Is there a cruiseline that charges extra if you order more than one?

There is a charge for soda everywhere, but if you drink a lot, you can get a soda card at a flat rate for unlimited soda.

Plus each person is allowed to bring on board in their carry on a 12 pack of soda (20oz bottles/cans) each and each person over 21 can bring on one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne..........

I have heard that you can bring on additional soda's that you purchased in port, but not additional wine or alcohol.

As for the food, my sister and I frequently order a cheese plate to share (it's on the dessert menu, but we order it as an appetizer to go with our wine) and then also order our own appetizer and/or salad.....depending on what I've ordered for my main entree I may order several appetizer/salads then skip or have a very light entree selection.

If you have never cruise Carnival .. how can you say you prefer other cruiselines??

I see people on both boards who state this without ever cruising on a line. Might surprise you.

Yes, its just like RCL where you can order more than one entree or more than one appetizer .. I have even skipped the entrees and just ordered appetizers.

Archived