Star sailing Sept 17

DKJ

I've been watching cabin availability on this cruise to Alaska and all of a sudden on NCL's website this date doesn't come up anymore. 2 days ago there were lots of cabins left ?

Any idea what's up ?

DKJ

One day our cruise just disappeared! We are on the Pacific Coastal the 24th of Sept. We wondered if it suddenly sold out. Then it was back in two days.

It can happen that a travel agent or big booker checks availability for a bunch of rooms and that ties up so many that to the computer the ship looks sold out. Or they might have been doing maintenance.

It's also possible that it is sold out, I just noticed that the other two dates in September are "suites only" and maybe it's because this will be the Star's last Alaska voyage!

It's also possible that it is sold out, I just noticed that the other two dates in September are "suites only" and maybe it's because this will be the Star's last Alaska voyage!

And this makes me extremely sad....:(

For the trips in August on both the Pearl and Star this seemed to happen as well. There was quite a bit of rooms available in MANY categories on most of the sailings and around 30 days out - poof - they started to become sold out.

It really seemed strange that so many rooms would all of a sudden get sold although I wasn't seeing prices drop at all on the NCL site (many of the rooms were insides/OV/or minis). The balconies were sold out quite awhile back, at least on our specific sailing. It almost seems they were wholesaled out for that many rooms across two ships and four weeks move so quickly.

I was checking on another cruise website and the cabins on the Star 9/17 sailing were there. Probably because there's a $200 credit offered and they are hoping to sell some of them.

30 more days.....I hope I can make it

DKJ

Alaska Bound

Archived