Transfer and Ocho Rios questions

buglver066

I apologize because I am sure if I searched I may find the answers but it's quicker to just ask :rolleyes:. I actually just need suggestions from people that have used them----

We have 7 people transfering from the MIA airport to POM. Can anyone suggest the cheapest company to get transfers from? Taxi is out of the question because we have a three and one year old and called down to find out and they DO have to be in safty seats. I don't want to lug those around my whole vacation :cool:.

Second, we are thinking for our very large group (13) that we may want to do a tour in Ocho Rios....but we want to be able to kind of create our own if that makes any sense---like we don't want a structured tour. Can anybody suggest a company to use?

Thanks!!!!!

Second, we are thinking for our very large group (13) that we may want to do a tour in Ocho Rios....but we want to be able to kind of create our own if that makes any sense---like we don't want a structured tour. Can anybody suggest a company to use?

Thanks!!!!!

Try Peat Taylor, you can google him. HIghly recommend, he has been around for along time and will arrange any kind of tour you want.:)

As far as the do your own tour thats how we roll. when you step off the pier in Ochos rios there will be several tour options. What we did was take a boat over to dunns river falls and spent the day there. at the appointed time we went back to the boat which took us back to the pier.

Try Peat Taylor, you can google him. HIghly recommend, he has been around for along time and will arrange any kind of tour you want.:)

They stood me up. True I was solo, but they should not have agreed to take me to the falls and then said if I still wanted to go I needed more people once I got there.

Not dependable in my book or not honest via email as they agreed to take me.

I apologize because I am sure if I searched I may find the answers but it's quicker to just ask :rolleyes:. I actually just need suggestions from people that have used them----

We have 7 people transfering from the MIA airport to POM. Can anyone suggest the cheapest company to get transfers from? Taxi is out of the question because we have a three and one year old and called down to find out and they DO have to be in safty seats. I don't want to lug those around my whole vacation :cool:.

Thanks!!!!!

I agree Peat Taylor is your man. I have toured with him several times and he is the best. You can Google him. He will do whatever you want and he keeps his people safe. Bon Voyage.

I agree Peat Taylor is your man. I have toured with him several times and he is the best. You can Google him. He will do whatever you want and he keeps his people safe. Bon Voyage.

What do you mean by "keeps his people safe " ? Just wondering...safe from what??

What do you mean by "keeps his people safe " ? Just wondering...safe from what??

Well, I mean he doesn't go to unsafe places. Jamaica is not as safe as say the Caymans. A lot of folks are hesitant to go to Jamaica for that reason. A fair number of people do not get off the boat.

I also recommend Phil LaFayette. We contacted him in advance and made a reservation. He was waiting for us at the Port and gave a great tour!

Ocho Rios isn't a place I would consider doing "on my own" unless I wasn't going any further than Margaritaville!

Phil showed us the good, bad and the ugly along with the touristy places like Dunns River Falls. He even showed us how to avoid the famous market there - on his advice we never walked anywhere near it!

He's a good story teller and a good ambassador for Jamaica. He realizes that his area does have some issues and he works well to protect his customers. He might even break into song! I can almost guarantee it!

Archived