Does anyone know what this means???

ckrobyn

My set sail pass still only has the dreaded "G" and JS on it......where did my DP go?????? :eek::eek: If this is a computer glitch, someone needs to fix it!!!!!

End of rant, but not end of thread! LOL :p

Robyn,

Because of this thread I just checked my Set Sail, and I have the G as well. But, although I am sailing as an emerald, my set sail is marked "P G GS" (we are in a GS). Maybe they are taking away our points and splitting it up with lower status types? :D

Seriously, I have no idea what is going on.

BobJ

OK... Again, as far as I can see reading and re-reading the thread there is NOBODY in stateroom lower than JS that has the "G" - correct? Anyone have an exception to that?

OK,,, Now anyone in JS with the G and less than Diamond?

If we can establish those two things as a pattern then I think there may be a change coming and the only common thread to those groups would be newly allowing JS D people the same lounge access (and card color) as higher level suites. A little more incentive for D and higher people to book JS and a little more recognition level.

Next question would be.... WHO SAILS SOONEST THAT HAS A G? I think I saw some September sailings. So once they go we might have an answer. Unless the goat eats it. ;)

disney-g-force-3d-011.jpg

Oh, man, does this bring back some memories!

I went to Peru two years ago, and after we were done building houses in southern Peru, we spent a day in Lima before flying back to the US. When we went through a cliffside shopping center that contained a movie theatre, this film was playing.

Why was this so memorable?

Because in Peru.... THEY EAT GUINEA PIGS! It's a delicacy called "cuy". The woman who owned the house we stayed in had a pen where she raised them.

And no, I didn't try cuy. None of our group did.

I have G, I am staying in a JS, sailing on the navigator. I have no D, no DP, no D+, I have never sailed with RC before.

I will be on the Sept. 4th sailing and I will let you know what happens if this mystery is not solve.

I would have put a picture of my goat Anabell, but she is out getting her hair done. After all you can't take an ugly goat with you.

...If the goat eats my beach towel do I still have to pay the $20?

Not if he leaves a deposit. ;)

...My main concern - where do I buy the tux for the goat

I have to say.. your Billy looks very dashing.

No worries, they rent them onboard, in all sizes, young and old.

Aren't goats more comfortable in dresses? ...

Good question - let me yell upstairs to DW. :eek:

(I know, I'm in trouble now)

... Seriously, I have no idea what is going on.

BobJ

Well, that makes 500 of us. :p

But I do feel we're getting a lot closer to the answer.

Look who just walked in the door ANABELL!! Your beautiful

Someone just had a visit to the Vitality Day spa onboard. ;)

Oh, man, does this bring back some memories!

I went to Peru two years ago, and after we were done building houses in southern Peru, we spent a day in Lima before flying back to the US. When we went through a cliffside shopping center that contained a movie theatre, this film was playing.

Why was this so memorable?

Because in Peru.... THEY EAT GUINEA PIGS! It's a delicacy called "cuy". The woman who owned the house we stayed in had a pen where she raised them.

And no, I didn't try cuy. None of our group did.

Euww Cindy. I couldn't either.

That has put me right off my lunch - Curried Goat.

We leave this Sunday on FOS... (unless Irene messes us up) We are Diamond, In a JS and Have the G in the middle... The G was not there the first time I printed out my Set Sail Pass but is there now... I will report back if it seems the G has any meaning at all...

This has been a fun thread never the less...:D

BTW... We actually have owned goats in the past and they are capable of using a doggy door.. I heard a noise one afternoon in my dining room and found one sitting at my dining room table...:eek: Wish I would have taken a picture... Was too upset and busy getting the goat outside and calling DH to come GET THEM OUT OF THE YARD...

He has since gotten rid of them and I did not shed a tear...

I have G, I am staying in a JS, sailing on the navigator. I have no D, no DP, no D+, I have never sailed with RC before.

I will be on the Sept. 4th sailing and I will let you know what happens if this mystery is not solve.....

Well now this puts a whole new spin on things! Never having sailed with RC before means you're not even a Crown & Anchor member, as far as I know. So, there goes that connection! :D

Still in the JS though. Although other suite types have the G as well.

OK, now going with either Glitch, or something new they're rolling out for all suite guests and RC isn't ready to announce it yet. Or are still figuring it out themselves. haha

We have two RCL cruises booked and I have just checked the set sail passes.

On Allure in December we are in a Balcony cabin, no G.

On the Mariner cruise we are in a GS and we have a G.

Why can't we get a goat on Allure, or is it not necessary with all of those stuffed animals on board?

This thread is so entertaining I had to read it to my DH. He insisted I had to post that maybe the G stands for Grumpy, as that is his nickname.

Enjoy your cruises.

haha... My husband is a back-seat poster too. Aren't they cute? lol

So does he think that he's a special guest on all of these cruises then since RCCL took the time to stamp his special initial on all of these set sail passes? haha

I have been up all night thinking of what G means and I have figured it out:cool:

You have to be in a JS or Higher so you have a bigger cabin and that allows you to bring your pet Goat with you:D:eek:

I'm a Genius:eek::cool::D

MAYBE it stands for guarantee???

No, we've already established that it doesn't. We book a specific cabin, never a guarantee, plus the people at the port checking in wouldn't care how you booked your cabin. Set Sail Pass is only used to access the port and check in.

I just got off the phone with my Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planner.

Jeff stated that the "G" stands for Gate area for priority boarding. It is an alert for the staff when checking you in for the cruise.

Junior Suites and all other suites have priority boarding and have a special waiting area.

Once the ship has been cleared, all suite guest including junior suites are allowed to board.

The mystery of the "G" is solved.

OK... Again, as far as I can see reading and re-reading the thread there is NOBODY in stateroom lower than JS that has the "G" - correct? Anyone have an exception to that?

OK,,, Now anyone in JS with the G and less than Diamond?

If we can establish those two things as a pattern then I think there may be a change coming and the only common thread to those groups would be newly allowing JS D people the same lounge access (and card color) as higher level suites. A little more incentive for D and higher people to book JS and a little more recognition level.

Next question would be.... WHO SAILS SOONEST THAT HAS A G? I think I saw some September sailings. So once they go we might have an answer. Unless the goat eats it. ;)

I posted earlier in the thread. We are Gold in a JS and have the mystery "G". Poster above has never sailed before and has it. The connection has something to do with suites. I doubt that it means we get a Gold card, why would they need to put that on the Set Sail Pass?

Jeff stated that the "G" stands for Gate area for priority boarding. It is an alert for the staff when checking you in for the cruise.

Junior Suites and all other suites have priority boarding and have a special waiting area.

Once the ship has been cleared, all suite guest including junior suites are allowed to board.

The mystery of the "G" is solved.

We were posting at the same time. So much for the hope it was something BIG. We knew we had priority boarding.

Jeff stated that the "G" stands for Gate area for priority boarding. It is an alert for the staff when checking you in for the cruise... The mystery of the "G" is solved.

Thanks for solving the infamous G mystery.

But+t I know some goats who aren't going to be too happy when they get to that gate. ;)

NO-GOATS-ALLOWED-random-14457490-500-375.jpg

Archived