meet and greets

alsgirl

I do have a one hour cocktail party scheduled for the next seaday which I have 28 participants from the rollcall. CCL only charges $11.44 for theirs while NCL is about $18-19 per person.

Dave

most sailings we have an INFORMAL SAIL~AWAY at one of the bars and then our actual MEET & GREET set up thru NCL is on the first sea-day,

place and refreshments NCL arranges but never have attended or been on a roll-call that has a M&G cocktail party with a cost.

most sailings we have an INFORMAL SAIL~AWAY at one of the bars and then our actual MEET & GREET set up thru NCL is on the first sea-day,

place and refreshments NCL arranges but never have attended or been on a roll-call that has a M&G cocktail party with a cost.

The cocktail party has to be setup through the land based ship coordinator. It is a different event from the Meet & Greet that NCL caters to.

Payment is done upfront which is probably why it is not often done. You then have to collect monies from everyone attending. I have arranged both events on my last three NCL sailings. We usually do the M&G at 11am on the first seaday and then do the cocktail party at 2 or 3pm later that evening.

Dave

The cocktail party has to be setup through the land based ship coordinator. It is a different event from the Meet & Greet that NCL caters to.

Payment is done upfront which is probably why it is not often done.

Dave

i figured that and probably why i havent been on a roll-call that has wanted to do it.

HAVE FUN with yours!!

i figured that and probably why i havent been on a roll-call that has wanted to do it.

HAVE FUN with yours!!

An easy way is to setup a Paypal account and they can send payment to it. I also use wristbands to make it easier on the servers to know who get the drinks versus those who have to pay for it.

Carnival used to collect payment upfront like NCL. Now they charge it directly to my S&S account. I just collect the funds at the lounge before the event and then go to Guest Services after the party and put it against my account.

What I tell folks is that two drinks and you have paid for the party. Three drinks and you are ahead of the game. The trick is ordering two drinks 55 minutes into the event and having a to-go cup. Normally the CD and the HD will come by to talk to everyone to make sure they are having a good time.

Dave

Question: Does early organization of a Meet and Mingle tend to attract participants to a roll call? I guess it does. For our next cruise, a very veteran Cruise Critic got the ball rolling more than a year ago and the roll call is already up to 77 pages. In contrast, none of the three of us on the roll call for the Spirit TA repo next year has done anything about M&M in severall months and the roll call is still on the first page.

From my first cruise (and my only experience with M&G's) I can say that activity on the roll call doesn't necessarily mean you will have a active Meet and Greet. We had pages and pages on our roll call in January and many stated that they were going to attend the meet and greet however as I mentioned earlier out of about 80 people there were only around 8 of us that actually showed up. I volunteered to organize this again but will specifically ask people to at least commit verbally before I pass any numbers to NCL. If we don't have enough for an actual meet and greet I would like to at least have a small get together somewhere on the ship for those that have been active on the roll call and I think a cabin crawl would be fun.

Rollcalls are hit and miss since only about 2% of the cruising population knows about Cruise Critic. On our Spirit repo in Nov 2007, the rollcall had started almost a year and half out. We had over 100 folks chatting back and forth by the time of its sailing. On my Star rollcall for Thankgiving 2012, we have about 6 or 7 folks chatting right now.

I think M&G's should be scheduled about one or two months out so that you have a more accurate head count to give to the coordinator.

On our sailing on the Triumph in 11 days, we are having a casual M&G at one of the topside bars on embarkation day as Carnival doesnt really do much for the M&G. I do have a one hour cocktail party scheduled for the next seaday which I have 28 participants from the rollcall. CCL only charges $11.44 for theirs while NCL is about $18-19 per person.

Dave

I totally agree! I set ours up way to far in advance in January (hey what the heck did I know, it was my first cruise!) and only a fraction of those who signed up attended. This time I will wait until much closer to cruise time.

From my first cruise (and my only experience with M&G's) I can say that activity on the roll call doesn't necessarily mean you will have a active Meet and Greet. We had pages and pages on our roll call in January and many stated that they were going to attend the meet and greet however as I mentioned earlier out of about 80 people there were only around 8 of us that actually showed up. I volunteered to organize this again but will specifically ask people to at least commit verbally before I pass any numbers to NCL. If we don't have enough for an actual meet and greet I would like to at least have a small get together somewhere on the ship for those that have been active on the roll call and I think a cabin crawl would be fun.

I set up a @live.com e-mail with my CC user name and had those interested e-mail me with their cabin number and the names of everyone in their group, that is all the conformation that I require

Archived