meet and greets

alsgirl

alsgirl - if you go to the Roll Call section on the main page and find the Norwegian Cruise Line Roll Calls you can click on that, find the roll call for the Jewel and then the thread for your sailing date. Someone from the thread has probably set up the meet and greet already. They will let you know when and where before you sail.

You don't want to wait until your aboard. There is a sticky above this telling how to set up a meet and greet if you want. Your cruise has a roll call going and I would check there to see what is going to happen. Use this site and look for roll calls, then select NCL and your ship, then look for the date. There about 35-40 posts out there for your cruise. And have a wonderful time!!!!:D

Hi all i am pretty new to the boards and was wondering how the meet and greets are formed and how you find out about them on the boat

thanks for any help you can give, I am booked on the Jewel Sept 10th 2011

Hi alsgirl,

I see you found your way to your roll call. It appears to be a very quiet one. Maybe you can stir some interest in a Meet and Greet and some other activities. If so, you would need to contact the Jewel's group coordinator to set something up officially. Another suggestion would be to meet informally at one of the bars or lounges for an informal sailaway.

I have heard that they are no longer giving people that attend the meet ands Greets invitations to tour the bridge. Is this true has any Meet and Greet group recently been invited to the bridge at a later time?

in Feburary on the STAR we had a Bridge Tour...it really depends on the captain at the time and all--but i havent cruised since February so unless that has changed.

i am doing the M&Gs for my SUN sailings in December and HOPIN to get them for our CC groups!

We didn't get a tour on the M&G that I organized for our cruise on the Sun in Jan. In fact out of about 80 people who expressed interest in attending there was only about 8 of us. I did get VIP status (probably from organizing the M&G) on our cruise though and received wine, fruit, invitations to the captains cocktail party and a few other nice things (no special breakfast or lunch though).

Meets and greets are usually scheduled for the first sea day at around 10 or 11 am. Coffee and danish are served and the captain, hotel director, and cruise directors and some assistants usually attend.

Ours in Jan. was at 11:00. We had cookies, water, juice and coffee. All staff attended. If I had been brave enough to ask for a tour perhaps we would have gotten one but I wasn't.

Each ship is different, depending on the Hotel Director. This past July I organized the M&G on the Sun. I did request a tour. We were not offered a tour. I did not receive any extra perks for organizing the M&G, and on other ships the organizers receive VIP status. I didn't organize the M&G expecting anything, and we had a lovely turnout and group of people. I think it is better to have people to join the M&G for the purpose of making new friends, not getting something extra for free.

Ours in Jan. was at 11:00. We had cookies, water, juice and coffee. All staff attended. If I had been brave enough to ask for a tour perhaps we would have gotten one but I wasn't.

Each ship is different, depending on the Hotel Director. This past July I organized the M&G on the Sun. I did request a tour. We were not offered a tour. I did not receive any extra perks for organizing the M&G, and on other ships the organizers receive VIP status. I didn't organize the M&G expecting anything, and we had a lovely turnout and group of people. I think it is better to have people to join the M&G for the purpose of making new friends, not getting something extra for free.

I agree. It was just a nice unexpected little perk. I would have like to have met some more of the folks who were on our role call but understand that it's everyone's own individual vacation and even taking an hour out of their time for a m&g doesn't fit into some people's plans.

I agree. It was just a nice unexpected little perk. I would have like to have met some more of the folks who were on our role call but understand that it's everyone's own individual vacation and even taking an hour out of their time for a m&g doesn't fit into some people's plans.

It is interesting that some who are very active on the boards do not attend the M&G. It seems that most of the time the turnout is from 60 to 80 percent of those who signed up.

On a recent Star cruise, the group services coordinator had a sign-in sheet for us, and the invitation to tour the bridge was extended to only those who were at the M&G. I thought that was a fair way to handle it.

It is interesting that some who are very active on the boards do not attend the M&G. It seems that most of the time the turnout is from 60 to 80 percent of those who signed up.

On a recent Star cruise, the group services coordinator had a sign-in sheet for us, and the invitation to tour the bridge was extended to only those who were at the M&G. I thought that was a fair way to handle it.

That sounds like a great idea as some people just do not show up.

It was handled the same way on our Jewel cruise last fall. Someone, and I think is was the Hotel Director, told us at the M&G that the Captain make the decision whether or not to allow bridge tours and that not all of them do. We were lucky to get one.

I am organizing the M&G on the Sep 11 2011 sailing of the Pearl. What kinds of games have y'all had at the M&Gs? Which ones flopped and which ones were a hit?

just have had a GET TOGETHER and GIFT EXCHANGE that has seemed enough for the ones i have attended!!

I am organizing the M&G on the Sep 11 2011 sailing of the Pearl. What kinds of games have y'all had at the M&Gs? Which ones flopped and which ones were a hit?

We exchanged presents from our various states. It was a hit.That was on our Alaskan cruise. We've always had a positive Meet & Greet.

We didn't get a tour on the M&G that I organized for our cruise on the Sun in Jan. In fact out of about 80 people who expressed interest in attending there was only about 8 of us. I did get VIP status (probably from organizing the M&G) on our cruise though and received wine, fruit, invitations to the captains cocktail party and a few other nice things (no special breakfast or lunch though).

we had a GOOD turn-out with ours on the SUN last December, but NO LUCK with the Bridge Tour--hopin this sailing coming up i will be doing B2Bs!!

i got that VIP treatment too...it was VERY NICE!!!--and for a week of missed and changed itinerary and some CHAOTIC behavior from some passengers because we had MAJOR mechanical probs it was NICE for the EXTRA attention!!!

that was how it was on our STAR sailing also!

Question: Does early organization of a Meet and Mingle tend to attract participants to a roll call? I guess it does. For our next cruise, a very veteran Cruise Critic got the ball rolling more than a year ago and the roll call is already up to 77 pages. In contrast, none of the three of us on the roll call for the Spirit TA repo next year has done anything about M&M in severall months and the roll call is still on the first page.

Question: Does early organization of a Meet and Mingle tend to attract participants to a roll call? I guess it does. For our next cruise, a very veteran Cruise Critic got the ball rolling more than a year ago and the roll call is already up to 77 pages. In contrast, none of the three of us on the roll call for the Spirit TA repo next year has done anything about M&M in severall months and the roll call is still on the first page.

Rollcalls are hit and miss since only about 2% of the cruising population knows about Cruise Critic. On our Spirit repo in Nov 2007, the rollcall had started almost a year and half out. We had over 100 folks chatting back and forth by the time of its sailing. On my Star rollcall for Thankgiving 2012, we have about 6 or 7 folks chatting right now.

I think M&G's should be scheduled about one or two months out so that you have a more accurate head count to give to the coordinator.

On our sailing on the Triumph in 11 days, we are having a casual M&G at one of the topside bars on embarkation day as Carnival doesnt really do much for the M&G. I do have a one hour cocktail party scheduled for the next seaday which I have 28 participants from the rollcall. CCL only charges $11.44 for theirs while NCL is about $18-19 per person.

Dave

Question: Does early organization of a Meet and Mingle tend to attract participants to a roll call?

i dont think necessarily it really matters who wants to join and post and what all is posted about and participation in the Roll Call...some are very active and others NOT...i tend to be very CHATTY:Dand TRY to get participation.

Roll Calls can get very active and chatty like a month or two before sailing!

one thing tho i have NOTICED from various Roll Calls is that they seem to be contacting NCL and setting up the MEET & GREETS much earlier than the month or few weeks before

i set my two up last month for Dec sailings, but also i have noticed as much as 8 months out and getting acknowledged by NCL.

Archived