RCI Sales Event and OBC?

A.Emgee

Sorry if this has been answered previously. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for.

Does anybody know if you can combine the RCI Sales Event (aka "Tuesday sale") with a Friends & Family OBC from a family member's NextCruise booking?

Sorry if this has been answered previously. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for.

Does anybody know if you can combine the RCI Sales Event (aka "Tuesday sale") with a Friends & Family OBC from a family member's NextCruise booking?

cannot

I was under the impression you could. It would be a new booking, but you would need to book the cruise and have the C&A family and friends certificate applied within 30 days of having your friends select a ship and sail date. That may be pushing the time frame.

As usual, Royal Caribbean's policies confuse me. The RCI Sales Event "fine print" states: "...cannot be combined with any other promotion" but my understanding is that you can use your Platinum (or higher) balcony discount with these fares. Is that not a "promotion"?

The next cruise / friends and family certificates are essentially already a booking they just apply the ship name when you decide. ie I booked my Navigator cruise @ the end of April but the booking date is when I purchased it on the Allure December 12, 2010. I only wish I had bought a dozen of them the year before when you could still get price drops after final payment :(

Just an update to answer my own question, in case it helps someone else:

I used Live Chat to ask a Royal Caribbean agent. Her answer was that the Sales Event pricing CAN be combined with BOTH a Friends & Family Certificate AND a Platinum+ discount.

As usual with Friends & Family Certificates, the booking made by the friend/family must be made within 30 days of the NextCruise assignment to a specific sailing.

Can you do an upgrade after final payment and on the monday or tuesday sales?

I once inquired about upgrading on a happy hour special and I was told I could not. it's for new bookings only. but I'd still look into it since you never know what answer you might get. One time I was told my shareholder benefit would not be available since I booked a "special" rate. All other times it's been honored for happy hour specials, regional specials, and reduced single supplements.

Just an update to answer my own question, in case it helps someone else:

I used Live Chat to ask a Royal Caribbean agent. Her answer was that the Sales Event pricing CAN be combined with BOTH a Friends & Family Certificate AND a Platinum+ discount.

As usual with Friends & Family Certificates, the booking made by the friend/family must be made within 30 days of the NextCruise assignment to a specific sailing.

Next cruise and family and friend certificates can't be used with Tuesday Sales Pricing or most sales that are labeled "FOR NEW RESERVATIONS ONLY".....a next cruise certificate is considered a prior booking since it already contains the booking # with a booking date.

Next cruise and family and friend certificates can't be used with Tuesday Sales Pricing or most sales that are labeled "FOR NEW RESERVATIONS ONLY".....a next cruise certificate is considered a prior booking since it already contains the booking # with a booking date.

This is definitely true about a NextCruise (since it is already booked on board the ship and not a new booking); however this is not what Royal Caribbean told me about the Friends & Family certificate. Technically that certificate is a piece of paper and nothing has been booked with it yet, so it should work with a Sales Event (aka Tuesday Sale) special as a new reservation.

This is definitely true about a NextCruise (since it is already booked on board the ship and not a new booking); however this is not what Royal Caribbean told me about the Friends & Family certificate. Technically that certificate is a piece of paper and nothing has been booked with it yet, so it should work with a Sales Event (aka Tuesday Sale) special as a new reservation.

Is the family member you are referring to already booked on the same sailing using their Next Cruise Certificate:confused:

Is the family member you are referring to already booked on the same sailing using their Next Cruise Certificate:confused:

No, they have not booked and hence can get the Sales Event pricing. I am booked on the same sailing (non Sales Event pricing) using MY NextCruise.

YES you can. I just converted a NC last Tuesday for a sales event cruise.:)

No, they have not booked and hence can get the Sales Event pricing. I am booked on the same sailing (non Sales Event pricing) using MY NextCruise.

OK...you are already booked using a NCC and looking to have a family member book on the friends and family certificate....I thought you were all trying to book at the same time using the certificates with a Sales Event Pricing ;) Let us know if they book and it works....it was my understanding that the only thing you could combine with a Tuesday Sale was your C&A balcony discount.

OK...you are already booked using a NCC and looking to have a family member book on the friends and family certificate....I thought you were all trying to book at the same time using the certificates with a Sales Event Pricing ;) Let us know if they book and it works....it was my understanding that the only thing you could combine with a Tuesday Sale was your C&A balcony discount.

I converted my NC last Tuesday for a sales event cruise and received both my balcony discount and OBC. My PDF receipt shows both the discount and OBC.:)

I converted my NC last Tuesday for a sales event cruise and received both my balcony discount and OBC. My PDF receipt shows both the discount and OBC.:)

I know that NCC's aren't supposed to be able to be combined with Tuesday Sales Event Pricing.......however...we all know how good Royal is with consistency:rolleyes:

Archived