Rum Point

Dave_&_Lisa

Can anyone tell me how far by taxi Rum Point is from the ship?

About 45 minutes...and around $80 US...each way. And you'd have to prearrange the return trip (and keep fingers crossed that they weren't late) as there will be no taxis in the area to take you back to the port.

The only practical ways to visit Rum Point are by rental car or as part of an excursion.

Can anyone tell me how far by taxi Rum Point is from the ship?

Nativeway does a great tour called Rays, Reef, and Rum Point. It includes 1 1/2 hours at Rum point with lunch. Renting a car is also an option costing about $75 and they will pick you up at the pier. Google car rentals in Grand Cayman for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Rented a car from Avis and drove to Rum Point. They had a cruiser special came to less than $60.00 for the day including license and insurance. This was for 4 of us so really a good deal. It took about 30 minutes to get there and 45 back with traffic near the airport. We used the free shuttle to and from the town to the airport. This worked well because we avoided driving in the traffic of the downtown. Took a bit of concentration to drive on the other side and it meant no rum for me at Rum Point.

I very enjoyable trip and I would highly recommend it.

Rented a car from Avis and drove to Rum Point. They had a cruiser special came to less than $60.00 for the day including license and insurance. This was for 4 of us so really a good deal. It took about 30 minutes to get there and 45 back with traffic near the airport. We used the free shuttle to and from the town to the airport. This worked well because we avoided driving in the traffic of the downtown. Took a bit of concentration to drive on the other side and it meant no rum for me at Rum Point.

I very enjoyable trip and I would highly recommend it.

Was the special a promo code you found somewhere, or something listed on their website, specific to Caymen?

Archived