Is it possible to transfer booking from TA to RCL?

I booked and made deposit for my 10/29/11 RCL Enchantment of the Seas trip to Bermuda on July 2. Today, both RCL website and and a large online agency list the same lower price for the same stateroom category AND a $25.00 OBC.

My final payment is due 8/30/11 - is it possible to get the travel agent to transfer the booking to RCL?

Thanks for your help.

I booked and made deposit for my 10/29/11 RCL Enchantment of the Seas trip to Bermuda on July 2. Today, both RCL website and and a large online agency list a lower price for the same stateroom category AND a $25.00 OBC.

My final payment is due 8/30/11 - is it possible to get the travel agent to transfer the booking to RCL?

Thanks for your help.

Possible yes, but the Travel Agent has to agree to do this, as they are owning the booking. So you have to talk to your TA to give up the booking. Keep in mind that you will be basically telling them to give up their commission and not getting paid for the work already done.

ETA: Also keep in mind they don´t have to give up the booking, it´s up to your TA to say yes or no.

Hmm, I guess I would not qualify for that.

Perhaps it is not worth pursuing.

If there is a lower price listed on the Royal Caribbean site, it looks like there has been a price drop. Because your final payment isn't until August 30, you would be eligible for the lower price. The $25 onbaord credit wouldn't be worth my changing agents, unless I was not saitisfied with my current agent.

If the fare is one you qualify for (for example, if it's a 55+ rate and you're under 55 you don't qualify) then your TA should be able to get RCI to re-fare the booking. Most obc promos are new bookings only.

Technically, if you choose to transfer your booking away from your TA (which as a TA myself, I am not advocating that you do) they do not need to consent to the transfer; it's your travel reservation and if you insist that the cruise line take control of the booking and take it away from the agent / agency, they will. Again, with the info shared I certainly wouldn't suggest doing that.

Hope this helps!

Did not get the OBC but that's fine as it was for new bookings only.

My final payment is due Aug 30. I'll be monitoring my cabin category price to see if there any further price drops. Although, in looking on RCL's website today, my category on my cruise has went up almost $60.

It pays to keep checking those prices until your final payment!

Archived