Onboard Bookings

KDC1224

I'm on the Millennium this October and for our family, cruising is a HUGE luxury ie..it requires saving up just for this purpose... having said that, how smart is it to book a future cruise while on my cruise in October? Will I really save any money or get benefits that are worthwhile? Does anyone know how much it costs to do so? I'm already Captains Club, so does that help also?? Thanks in advance!!

Booking a future cruise while on-board can be a big help and also savings. Last year, while on a Baltic Cruise, we booked this year's cruise for a $100 per person downpayment and also received $200 on board credit for this cruise and a 2 level upgrade - booked a C1 cabin for a C3 price - a total savings of $300 each = $600. (FI: when we came home, and with-in 60 days, we transferred the booking to an on-line Travel Agent and received another $200 OBC - on board credit.)

During the year we were also able to take advantage of a drop in prices for Seniors (a special we've never encountered before!) and saved an additional $1440 - making the cruise even more attractive!!! HINT: keep checking those prices even after you book!!!!

So, yes, I think it worth while to book if at all possible.

Celebrity also has something like an "open booking" - I think you "book" without a specific itinerary - but I haven't looked into it yet. I'm sure someone can explain it!!

You don't get any discounts off the published price of the cruise but you do qualify for what they call an on-board booking upgrade, which isn't so much an upgrade as it is a "down price". What happens is you choose the cabin you want and pay for a lesser-priced cabin within that same category. If you choose the lowest price inside cabin there is no lesser-priced cabin so it wouldn't work for that. But if you choose, say, a category 4 ocean view, you would pay the price of a category 7 ocean view. Also, you only need to put down $100 in deposit, not $450.

The Open Booking is called a "Celebrity Passage" and it costs 100 bucks.

It is good if you know you are sailing on Celebrity again but you don't

know what cruise you want to do. The only downside would be it is

non-refundable. But, if you know you are sailing again there is no

downside;) I have purchased them many times. When I decide what

cruise I am taking I call and they use that Passage number as my

new reservation number.

You also receive an obc for the new cruise when buying a passage.

Now, if you know a specific cruise you want to take you can book it

on board too and your deposit is reduced as Cruisestich noted....100.00

a person rather the higher amount of 250.00 each for a 7 nighter or

even higher for longer sailings. And you also receive obc for the new

sailing too when you book onboard.

Archived