Advice for Alaska

dpm321

I agree with bepsf on a a preference for Sitka. But I do look forward to the Inside Passage from Vancouver (Sept 17 on Zuidy for us!). The 14-day Amsterdam was fabulous, but then it becomes our major cruise of the year, and it doesn't always work out that way.

[quote=DizzyDallasDi;30284724

Tracy Arm is spectacular and then you dock in Juneau that afternoon for a long stay in port. This itinerary also gives you very long days in Skagway and Ketchikan. Then, of course, the full day of cruising Glacier Bay is phenonemal.

DDD - we are going on that same trip in about a week. I was wondering if you would help me make a decision: Would you recommend the boat trip excursion at Tracy Arm (smaller boat versus staying on the ship) - since we already booked - and paid for - the Misty Fjords boat and floatplane excursion. I guess my question is: Are Tracy Arm and Misty Fjords very much alike...or are they totally different from each other? If they are each totally unique and nothing like the other, I will probably book that Tracy Arm excursion. But I don't want to spend $200 each and then find out it's almost the same exact same experience!

IMHO in order preference

1) One way Vancouver either start/end

2) One way Seattle either start/end

3) Roundtrip Vancouver

4) Round Trip Seattle

And like others said get Glacier Bay and/or Hubbard or both :D

There are no one-way cruises to Alaska that begin or end in Seattle. That would violate the PVSA because it starts and ends in two different US ports without stopping in a distant foreign port.

I loved our 14-night roundtrip on the Amsterdam, but I also really enjoyed our one-ways from Vancouver. However, I wouldn't do a one-way unless I also had time to do a land trip.

Archived