Pushy Vacation Insurance Call

Denton_Geek

We sail in 3 weeks, just got a call from a sales rep claiming to help make sure I have all my documents in order. Kinda rolled my eyes at first, but I was pleasant and thanked her for checking up.

Then she said there was "one last thing" and started in on a sales pitch to purchase the vacation insurance. The light bulb went off and I patiently listened to her explain all the horrible things that could happen to us on vacation such as:

• a broken leg on an excursion
  • a hurricane leaving us with "no way to get home"
  • food poisoning
  • arrest or detention over a misunderstanding in a foreign country

I told her three times (each more firmly than the previous) that I was not interested in the coverage, but she would not take no for an answer. Finally, I hung up on her.

This will be our fourth straight year cruising. I certainly hope Carnival rethinks this policy. Lots of changes are happening at Carnival, some good and some bad.

Can't wait to cruise!

We sail in 3 weeks, just got a call from a sales rep claiming to help make sure I have all my documents in order. Kinda rolled my eyes at first, but I was pleasant and thanked her for checking up.

Then she said there was "one last thing" and started in on a sales pitch to purchase the vacation insurance. The light bulb went off and I patiently listened to her explain all the horrible things that could happen to us on vacation such as:

• food poisoning

I told her three times (each more firmly than the previous) that I was not interested in the coverage, but she would not take no for an answer. Finally, I hung up on her.

This will be our fourth straight year cruising. I certainly hope Carnival rethinks this policy. Lots of changes are happening at Carnival, some good and some bad.

Can't wait to cruise!

Almost as bad as Kmart

• food poisoning

Can't wait to cruise!

This is our 4th cruise with Carnival as well.:) We have never bought travel insurance from Carnival, but we do get it. Not jumping on their band wagon, but you really never know when it will be needed or not.:p We purchased travel insurance through Insuremytrip dot com if you are interested. Good luck

Archived