New England cruise

mrchirpy

My wife and I just finished the New England/Canada cruise on the Carribean Princess. Some of our thoughts. As first time cruisers we were very impressed by how clean the ship was. Crew were constaltly buffing and shining and they all were extremely friendly.

The open seating worked well for us because we met some lovely people and had lively conversations. It's amazing how yoiu keep running into people you met, evenb with 3,000 passengers. The food was average to good. Italian night was the best meal of the cruise. Didn't care for the buffet at all. It was crowded and pretty much run of the mill. We were suporised that at dinner, soda and bottled water were extra and not included. Drinks I can understand but Iced Tea and soda not so much.

Downsides: Tours to Peggy's Cove were too short. We had only 90 minutes there and after waiting in line for a quick lunch and trip to the rest rooms, we had only 30 minutes to look around. Saint John I could do without completely. Unbless it's times the reversing falls aren't that impressive.

Cabins: The cabin was clean, the balcony furniture could have been cleaner but with a towel we could sit out without getting dirty. The shower stall was tiny as was the entire bathroom. While not unexpected, the shower did present some issues. Closet space was great however.

Got a bit sea sick one night going from Saint John to Bar Harbor and I think the high tides in the Bay of Fundy may have contributed to that. The ship rocked sideways and we didn't get to the Dramamine fast enough.

Averall I rated the trip a solid B.

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed it enough to consider taking another one.

I've never heard of charging for iced tea anywhere on the ship at any time so I'm very surprised that you were charged. I often have iced tea at dinner and have never been charged. As for soda and bottled water, that's not free on any cruiseline I've ever taken nor is it free in any restaurant I've ever been to anywhere in the world. Perhaps in the future, you'll consider buying a soda card which gives you unlimited fountain soda for the length of the cruise.

My wife and I just finished the New England/Canada cruise on the Carribean Princess. Some of our thoughts. As first time cruisers we were very impressed by how clean the ship was. Crew were constaltly buffing and shining and they all were extremely friendly.

The open seating worked well for us because we met some lovely people and had lively conversations. It's amazing how yoiu keep running into people you met, evenb with 3,000 passengers. The food was average to good. Italian night was the best meal of the cruise. Didn't care for the buffet at all. It was crowded and pretty much run of the mill. We were suporised that at dinner, soda and bottled water were extra and not included. Drinks I can understand but Iced Tea and soda not so much.

Downsides: Tours to Peggy's Cove were too short. We had only 90 minutes there and after waiting in line for a quick lunch and trip to the rest rooms, we had only 30 minutes to look around. Saint John I could do without completely. Unbless it's times the reversing falls aren't that impressive.

Cabins: The cabin was clean, the balcony furniture could have been cleaner but with a towel we could sit out without getting dirty. The shower stall was tiny as was the entire bathroom. While not unexpected, the shower did present some issues. Closet space was great however.

Got a bit sea sick one night going from Saint John to Bar Harbor and I think the high tides in the Bay of Fundy may have contributed to that. The ship rocked sideways and we didn't get to the Dramamine fast enough.

Averall I rated the trip a solid B.

WE will be taking the Canada to Ft Lauderdale cruise in Oct so enjoyed reading your opinion of your cruise. I will make one comment only, As for the buffet, yes, we have not been impressed with Princess Buffets either, but we consider buffets to simply be a place to get a quick bite and never even 3.5 star. Just like land buffets, they serve a purpose. Oh, as for Iced Tea, are you serious? You had to pay for it? I understand soda, that has always been the case (or for many years) you wouldn't go to a land restaurant and expect the soda to be included I don't think.

Nita

I hope you still enjoyed your cruise. We took that cruise last year. It was relaxing and enjoyable.

Our favorite ports were (in order favorite)

1. Halifax NS

2. Bar Harbor ME

3. Newport, RI

4. Boston MA

5. St. John NB

I loved Peggy's cove, would love to go back to Nova Scotia again.

They also had a great maritime museum in town.

Archived