Blue Label and Cuban Cigars

Andykim

I will be on NCL next week on 8/29 and this will be my first time on a Bahamas trip. I heard that Cuban Cigars are pretty cheap as well as Johnny Blue Label. Do you by any chance know where I can get a great deal for both?

andykim - This topic came up several years ago. If your going to buy, consume on board. Legally you cannot bring cuban cigars back into the USA, unless your willing to be a little creative. Stupid I know, but since this is related to what I do for a living, I will point you to this link so you have no issues with Customs at re-entry to the US. This is a law covered by US Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforce.../cuba/cuba.pdf As to why cigars are on OFAC's list, they consider buying these trading with the enemy and putting money into their economy. Not to be a total downer, do a search and you will find there are several that give the names of stores in which to buy a cuban and to know if it is a true Cuban. Evidently there are a lot of knock offs. Search will also give info on cigars that are better than Cuban. I have seen info on smuggle tactics, but I would sooner try to smuggle the booze on to ship than a cigar past a US Customs Enforcement Agent (who has probably seen it a million times).

Archived