Formalities or Bon Voyage?

gred1994

I want to order the $9 cake for my DD's 15th birthday. We will be on our first cruise. We go on the Fascination on 9/17. Do I order the cake now through Bo Voyage, or once I get on the ship via formalities? Is it the same cake? Does it make any difference? What is "formalities'? I've just read about it here!

TIA!

You can do it either way... makes virtually no difference other than it's one less item to take care of on board.

Formalities is a very diverse little shop. They rent formal wear for men, sell wonderful items like chocolate covered strawberries, a variety of candies and some really unique items like this...

carnivalstuffflagsresized.jpg

I purchased Freddy at the Formalities shop during one of our voyages on the Carnival Ecstasy!!!

:)

As the previous posts have said; you can do it both ways. I did order once from Bon Voyage and the order didn't make it. There was no receipt in the cabin for the cake so I checked and there was no record of the order. It was probably just a one time mix up but the next time, on Liberty, for my wife's birthday, I ordered it from Formalities.

The chocolate cake with the chocolate ganache is DELICIOUS and was one of the best desserts we had all week. We actually had it for two nights. Our waiter held it for us and it was as good the next evening as it was the first.

BTW: On Liberty we had YTD and there was no problem getting the cake. I just let our waiter know and it was brought out for dessert along with the Happy Birthday song from the waitstaff.

Take care,

Mike

Archived