Alaska 2012...Can't wait!

mlmalone3

Sooo excited...just booked our 2012 Coral Princess Southbound Alaska Cruise! Having 55+, 100+ degree days here in Texas, I'm dreaming of seeing glaciers! Now to continue planning the pre-land tour on our own! Woo Hoo!

I saw on the news tonight that a cold front is headed our way and it's supposed to get down to 100 next week. ;)

Have a fabulous cruise to the Great Land!

I saw on the news tonight that a cold front is headed our way and it's supposed to get down to 100 next week. ;)

I feel so bad for those of you in Texas. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in that heat day after day after day. I just returned from Alaska and we met many Texans who were just loving the 50s and 60s we were experiencing. I wish you cooler weather real soon.

104 in southern NM today. It will just be heating up May 23 next year when we start our NB cruise.

So sad!!! When we were in Vegas a few years ago and it was 106, our daughter said it was like walking through an oven and she would much rather have the 80s with the humidity. I would prefer neither....I love going North. You will never find me retiring to the south unless it is for health reasons. ;)

I feel so bad for those of you in Texas. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in that heat day after day after day. I just returned from Alaska and we met many Texans who were just loving the 50s and 60s we were experiencing. I wish you cooler weather real soon.

Thank you for the sympathy. This summer reminds me of the 7 long hot years I lived in Phoenix except it hasn't gotten as hot here as it does there. I remember 118 was not an unusual high in August and when it reached 122 one day, Sky Harbor airport was shut down.

I was in Alaska in mid-July and I, too, loved the much cooler temps. I never thought it would feel so good to say "I need to put a jacket on." :D

Another Texan here.... tired of this heat! I think today will be 72 days of 100+ temps.

We were in Alaska in July, loved every minute. We had nice weather most of the time but I loved even the drizzly, cloudy days. You'll love it! (Shameless plug for my review with a lot of photos http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1461935)

JoAnn from Waco

You learn how to live with higher summer temps --shop early, stay indoors in summer--outside in spring, fall and winter, drink lots of fluids, and eat chile. The hard part is if you travel to somewhere cool once it has become hot then--if you land in the day time-- it feels as though you are entering a blast furnace. My solution--land at night! The other seasons are wonderful--no bitterly cold winters..

I feel badly for all of you experiencing the extreme summer.

Last summer and this summer we have had lower temperatures than normal, with very few days over 100 degrees. More rain than normal the last two winters too (drought over). I thought for sure with our mild summer last year we would have a scorcher this year, but it did not happen (yet!).

We were thinking of heading down to Texas for a few days to cool off... we've been setting new record high temps as of late here in Arizona. But since we're off on our Alaska cruise in a couple of weeks, we decided to tough it out here. :rolleyes:

We are planning on spending a couple of days in Denali area....some hiking, some whitewater rafting, some wildlife viewing....just enjoying that part of the state.

Then overnighting in Anchorage before taking the Alaska RR to the ship in Whittier. We did the whitewater rafting in 2009 and loved it. We would really love to see some bears, so we are planning on making it to Wonder Lake in Denali. We are renting a car and looking forward to enjoying our trip to and from the Denali area.

Archived