Can you register more than one credit card for a cabin?

Hi All,

We are new to NCL but this is our second family cruise. We are a family party of 5 spanning three generations, schedule to sail on the Epic in a Courtyard Villa in October 2011.

Our question relates to onboard accounts. From reading threads, I understand that we can set our 11 year up with a cash balance against his keycard which is what we did on our previous cruise on RCCL. However, I would like my mother-in-law and niece to have an account seperate from that of my husband and I so we don't have to go through the process of trying to work out who spent what at the end of the cruise and also so that my MIL feels free to spend as she feels fit, without recourse or explanation to her son. On RCCL we had seperate cabins so it was not an issue, but this time n we are all in a single cabin so we are not sure what we can do.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Hi All,

We are new to NCL but this is our second family cruise. We are a family party of 5 spanning three generations, schedule to sail on the Epic in a Courtyard Villa in October 2011.

Our question relates to onboard accounts. From reading threads, I understand that we can set our 11 year up with a cash balance against his keycard which is what we did on our previous cruise on RCCL. However, I would like my mother-in-law and niece to have an account seperate from that of my husband and I so we don't have to go through the process of trying to work out who spent what at the end of the cruise and also so that my MIL feels free to spend as she feels fit, without recourse or explanation to her son. On RCCL we had seperate cabins so it was not an issue, but this time n we are all in a single cabin so we are not sure what we can do.

This is not a problem. All of you just head to the purser's desk (or customer service or whatever they're calling it these days) once you're on board, and ask to establish separate accounts. Be sure to have your credit cards with you. It'll be taken care of quick and easy.

Hi All,

my husband and I have separate credit cards and we each use our own when we travel. when we check in at the terminal, we each give them our credit card with our ticket and passport. it has not been a problem.

have a great cruise!

Very easy to do. We had 5 in a suite last time and when we checked in, my parents used their card for themselves, my DH and I used our card for ourselves and my niece used her own card. No questions asked, no problems whatsoever.

The person whose name is on the card will get a letter delivered to their room in the first 24 hours making sure that it's ok for any others listed on his/her card to charge on that account.

Have fun! Enjoy the CV!

We are always asked upon check-in if we'll be using one credit card, or separate credit cards.

Just FYI: if your mother-in-law will have a different credit card, she will not only pay her expenses, but the tips too (approx. $10 a day posted to her account)

So is it possible to have a pre-determined amount for a childs sail card?

We're going on the Star in November. It's not like I don't trust our kids, I just think it would be best to tell our kids they have such-and-such amount on their card and they can budget their spending to how they see fit. If our 13 year old boy spends all his money in the arcade and smoothies the first day on board (a scenerio that has a distinct possibility of happening)...well, he'll learn pretty quick that he shouldn't have done that.

Thanks ever so much for your responses which have all been very helpful.

Dayenu, thanks for the FYI. We have already pre-paid our tips which seem to be the standard practice here in the UK when booking (probably don't trust us Brits to pay anything due to our cultural differences) well at least it is with the TA that I have used, but thanks anyway.

Yes, we always use 2 separate cards. If I recall, we did on-line check-in separately with all our personal details which included the cards we wanted to use for each passenger.

NCL does not take credit cards online in advance.

but, all the other stuff mentioned above is correct. Give them all the cards you want and tie to to whatever onboard room cards you want.

Also, remember when you and 5 other people sit down for drinks, you each give the server your own card. That way he can ring them all one at a time and bring 6 different charge slips.

(just joking, but some people do that)

We have already pre-paid our tips which seem to be the standard practice here in the UK when booking (probably don't trust us Brits to pay anything due to our cultural differences) well at least it is with the TA that I have used, but thanks anyway.

That's true, we were a group of 5 women traveling in Ireland and we like to tip but the wait staff would always say that not necessary. We did anyway because we got such great service :)

DKJ

Alaska Bound

Yes, it may be that it was Princess or RCI that we did credit cards online (memory's not what it was :)) but we have never pre-paid our gratuities - they've always gone on our credit cards.

Umm, not saying you would but if you wanted to stop or reduce your grats then how would that work if you pre-paid?

You can set up individual accounts when you check in. My first NCL cruise was with my mother and sister and we each had our own accounts attached to our own credit cards.

We recently did this at check in also. My wife and I were paying for my mother, who was sharing a cabin with my sister. So we used our card for three of us, and my sister used her card for her account.

The only "problem" we had was that the counter agent told my mother she could buy anything on the ship with her room card, and she should check out the jewelry shops as soon as we were out to sea! :eek:

Archived