excursions

mlc38a

we are thinking of a first regent cruise but want advise on excursions. we are in our 50s but i have mobility problems. are their a selection of tours available that will be suitable and will we deffinatly be able to book these? is there anyway of finding out what will be available before booking? thanks

Orpington is the expert on this subject, and I suspect he will chime in here soon.

However, in the meantime, I will tell you what I know. If you look at the excursions list online, there will be an icon next to each excursion which theoretically lets you know how strenuous it is. I say theorectically because I have been some that were listed as strenuous but were not at all. And some that were listed as easy which I thought were mis-labelled. Also there is a general description of the amount of walking required and if a wheelchair is feasible on each excursion. This part I have found to be generally pretty accurate.

If you look at the cruise you are interested in, you can see the tours on offer prior to booking. The list may change a little, but usually not a lot.

we are thinking of a first regent cruise but want advise on excursions. we are in our 50s but i have mobility problems. are their a selection of tours available that will be suitable and will we deffinatly be able to book these? is there anyway of finding out what will be available before booking? thanks

Welcome to Regent. In most cases, the final excursion list and descriptions won't be available until 240 or 180 days prior to your cruise. At the present time, excursions are described for your proposed cruise on the Regent web page based on previous excursions for your ports. There may be additions and deletions until they finalize the excursions but, they are a good sample. The descriptions do include mobility issue descriptions as well as descriptions of how active the excursion is.

These active descriptions at times haven't been accurate from our POV but, they are pretty good indicators of what you should expect. Since you will be able to book excursions prior to final payment, your risk is only $200 to book a cruise and then cancel prior to 120 days prior to your cruise and it is applicable to another cruise within a year, I think.

You can also contact Regent by phone and ask the phone rep to check with destinations about the activity level of your chosen excursion. Sometimes you don't get the brightest phone rep so be sure to ask more than one rep your question until you are comfortable with your choice.

So, you can get a lot of information before you book but, probably not the final list and description of your excursions. You are only risking $200 which in the scheme of things isn't a lot.

Hope you enjoy your Regent crusie.

Archived