Carnival's "Singray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience"

GreytRacer

I was wondering the same thing. we had decided on the nativeways tour with the stingray and island package but we can't do it because of the timing. we wanted to do the stingray portion but can't snorkle because my husband gets sick snorkling. not sure what else to do now. . .

We had the same issue with Nativeway and our time in port. I did some research on this Carnival excursion and the company that operates it doesn't have the greatest reviews.

We've decided to book something else and we will have to forgo Hell and the island tour. We've booked a Stingray and Snorkel trip with Capt Bryan. We've done it with him before and really enjoyed it: catamaran sailing and only about 15 people on the boat.

I'd still be interested in some feedback on this excursion though, for future reference.

Hell is quaint... but boring and a waste of precious port time. It's just a few rocks and a "general store" with a post office attached. You buy your post card, fill it out, and mail it from Hell. Then back on the bus. That's it.

I don't know about the rays, but I hear they are wonderful. I have been to the turtle farm and highly recommend it.

Has anyone participated in the rays, reefs & Rumpoint with Nativeway & then gone in to town to shop? Was hoping to stop at the rum factory or any better recommended place in town to purchase some alcohol to bring home - any suggestions on how to best do this & how long it may take? Is it possible to tip the Nativeway driver & have him swing by the rum factory? Great cakes!

Has anyone done this excursion? Unfortunately, a private company won't work for us because of our time in port and the things we want to do.

Thanks!

I did this excursion a few years back, but as I recall, we were supposed to stop at Seven Mile Beach as well but ran out of time. I guess they ran out time too many times and took it out of the excursion! The bus and the guide were very good. On the way to Hell and the turtle farm, he told us little about the history of Grand Cayman, and he always made sure everyone was back on board before leaving each site. Hell is exactly what Darchie says. I'll add that you can put your face in a cut out of the devil for a picture. For me that was the most fun part. I did buy a magnet from the general store. I would never do it again. The turtle farm was okay but nothing really exciting...turtles of all sizes in different enclosed pools of water. All of this being said, the stingrays were amazing!! Swimming with them is a MUST!! You will never forget it. This entire tour took about 90% of our time in Grand Cayman. We had no time to look around the town. We ran to the Hard Rock Cafe to buy shirts and stopped at a camera store before we had to get in line to get back on the ship. I am actually going back to Grand Cayman in October. I have booked an excursion with a private company to swim with the stingrays and do a little snorkling....no Hell or turtle farm.:)

GreytRacer and jamesnjill,

You guys are on the same cruise I'm on, and Captain Marvin's should be able to meet the ships schedule. I'm already booked on their Stingray City short excursion from 8:30 - 10:45 island time (9:30 - 11:45 ship time). They offer a hell/turtle farm excursion immediately following from 10:45 - 12:30 (11:45 - 1:30 ship time). That will get you back in plenty of time before the ship departs.

War Eagle to Ireallyneedavacation !!

Jim M.

You guys are on the same cruise I'm on, and Captain Marvin's should be able to meet the ships schedule. I'm already booked on their Stingray City short excursion from 8:30 - 10:45 island time (9:30 - 11:45 ship time). They offer a hell/turtle farm excursion immediately following from 10:45 - 12:30 (11:45 - 1:30 ship time). That will get you back in plenty of time before the ship departs.

Jim M.

Thanks Jim! Capt Marvin's told me that the last tender back to the ship is at 1pm local time, and the Hell/Turtle Farm would not work with our ship's schedule.

We went ahead and booked with Capt Bryan, as we decided to sail this time, as opposed to motoring. Or we hope there will be enough wind to sail! :) We've done trips with both Capt Bryan and Capt Marvin in the past, and thoroughly enjoyed them both!

Jim M.

War Eagle!!!:D

Has anyone done this excursion? Unfortunately, a private company won't work for us because of our time in port and the things we want to do.

Thanks!

I've done this CCL tour, it's probably the 3rd most popular in GC. Now that I've answered your question, is there anything you want to know about the tour?

Don't remember what order we made the stops in, and that will vary anyway to stagger and accomodate different busloads of pax.

The stingray encounter was in waist high water, very nice, good for all levels.

The turtle farm has lots of different exhibits, you can get to hold a few turles and get pics snapped. Large shop for souveniers.

Hell is the usual tourist trap, tee shirts and postcards. Interesting rock formation, perhaps from when that part of the isle was under the sea.

We are looking for a stingray tour and Hell, yes, my daughter wants to go to Hell to take a picture in the cutout and send postcards, I want to swim with stingrays.

We are on Cayman Islands from 10:00am to 6:00pm. I would like to take a catamaran out to the stingrays (as opposed to a boat).

Can someone recommend a tour that does both? If not, who has catamarans and just does Stingrays and not the additional snorkeling trip, that way if we get back to shore we can also take a local bus up to Hell.

Thanks

Archived