Is Carnivals MDR open at boarding time?

thundrr

Last year we took a Norwegian cruise, and the main dinning room was open when we boarded on embarkation day. This year we are on the Carnival Miracle, and would like to know if they open the main restaurant on Carnival at that time also. It was quite nice eating grilled salmon, in the dinning room, instead of hot dogs by the pool.

Normally, no, the MDR would not be open for lunch, however, if the ship is very close to its maximum capacity they will open the dining room to help minimize congestion at the Lido Deck buffet and the various other venues...

:)

Occasionally on the Dream they have opened the MDR on embarkation day, but it doesn't happen very often.

There is a full hot entree offering on the buffet, plus hamburgers and such at the grill, deli sandwich place is open and pizza. Plus other stations and it varies by ship, but either mongolian wok, tandoori station, fish n chips, pasta bar.

So you do have lots of choices on the Lido deck.

Thanks for your replies. I know there will be a full range of food available, at the Lido deck. I am always amused by those that post they couldn't find anything to eat. We were pleasantly surprised that Norwegian had the MDR open, but I'm pretty sure we won't starve. ;)

Archived