Which FLL Limo Service would you choose?

girlscruise2011

I have read a few reviews here about FLL Limo Services but none of them are current. I am looking at South Florida Transportation at

http://www.southfloridatransportation.com/

and Fort Lauderdale Florida Limo (whos email response came from Black Pearl Limo) at

http://fortlauderdalefloridalimo.com/fleet.php.

Both are priced about the same (a $3 difference) for our Service from FLL to South Beach Marriott with a quick stop for supplies along the way. We are currently booked on a shared ride (5 ladies) but I want to surprise my friends with a limo (I will pay the cost difference).

Has anybody used either of these limo services within the past 6 months to a year?:confused: I really want to hear something current.

Thank you and happy cruising :D

I have read a few reviews here about FLL Limo Services but none of them are current. I am looking at South Florida Transportation at

http://www.southfloridatransportation.com/

and Fort Lauderdale Florida Limo (whos email response came from Black Pearl Limo) at

http://fortlauderdalefloridalimo.com/fleet.php.

Both are priced about the same (a $3 difference) for our Service from FLL to South Beach Marriott with a quick stop for supplies along the way. We are currently booked on a shared ride (5 ladies) but I want to surprise my friends with a limo (I will pay the cost difference).

Has anybody used either of these limo services within the past 6 months to a year?:confused: I really want to hear something current.

Thank you and happy cruising :D

I'm trying to find out about Black Pearl Limo as well. They have a great website and are very fast to respond, however, there are no reviews out yet and the Better Business Bureau of Ft Lauderdale says they aren't members and they have an "F" rating. They could be great, for all I know, but I would like to hear from someone who has actually used their service. No reviews on Trip Advisor and nothing on Cruise Critic.

enjoy!

Kel:)

Edited by kelmac

We used South Florida Transportation in January. We had flights into and out of West Palm Beach airport, and needed a way to get back there after the cruise (we rented coming down as we came in the day prior, but didn't know if the timing would work well enough to rent and return a car before our flight home). Anyway, I thought they gave us great service. I called a couple places based on reports I read about on here, and really could have flipped a coin between them and floridalimo.com (Go airport shuttle), who were also quite nice on the phone. We decided to get a stretch limo as a treat for the kids who had just celebrated their 9th birthday the day before. These guys were great on the phone, and explained the procedure to us for how to meet the limo after getting off the ship. The kids were almost excited to see the 22 passenger Escalade show up for them as they were when they saw the cruise ship the first time LOL.

Will definitely use them again if we have need for a car service in that area again

We used South Florida Transportation in January. We had flights into and out of West Palm Beach airport, and needed a way to get back there after the cruise (we rented coming down as we came in the day prior, but didn't know if the timing would work well enough to rent and return a car before our flight home). Anyway, I thought they gave us great service. I called a couple places based on reports I read about on here, and really could have flipped a coin between them and floridalimo.com (Go airport shuttle), who were also quite nice on the phone. We decided to get a stretch limo as a treat for the kids who had just celebrated their 9th birthday the day before. These guys were great on the phone, and explained the procedure to us for how to meet the limo after getting off the ship. The kids were almost excited to see the 22 passenger Escalade show up for them as they were when they saw the cruise ship the first time LOL.

Will definitely use them again if we have need for a car service in that area again

Wow!:eek: 22 passenger Escalade. I'd be excited too :D. Thanks for the info. I haven't called yet just did an online chat and the chat person was very helpful and the price is right. We currently have a shared ride and I would hate to cancel and then get stuck with a bad limo or someone who doesn't show up. I knew I could get info on the boards...thank you again!

I'm trying to find out about Black Pearl Limo as well. They have a great website and are very fast to respond, however, there are no reviews out yet and the Better Business Bureau of Ft Lauderdale says they aren't members and they have an "F" rating. They could be great, for all I know, but I would like to hear from someone who has actually used their service. No reviews on Trip Advisor and nothing on Cruise Critic.

enjoy!

Kel:)

Have you tried South Florida Limo at the BBB? Maybe they may be worth checking into also. I'm going to check now but to me, recommendations from others on the boards are good enough for me. Maybe someone will come here that used Black Pearl Limo and shed some light.

We have been searching here.. and decided to give southfloridatransportation.com our business. There are 6 of us girls... They are giving us a 10 person stretch limo... to Miami from Fll... 110 total including taxes and tips... the return from Miami cruiseport... 120 total including taxes and tips... so we are getting a limo for 230 total round trip for the six of us... which we are splitting u... 38 pp.... not bad, not bad at all...

Larrys limos could do it for 150 including tips one way and 175 return....

I will post here about the service when we get back. leaving the end of September, returning beginnig of Oct.

We have been searching here.. and decided to give southfloridatransportation.com our business. There are 6 of us girls... They are giving us a 10 person stretch limo... to Miami from Fll... 110 total including taxes and tips... the return from Miami cruiseport... 120 total including taxes and tips... so we are getting a limo for 230 total round trip for the six of us... which we are splitting u... 38 pp.... not bad, not bad at all...

Larrys limos could do it for 150 including tips one way and 175 return....

I will post here about the service when we get back. leaving the end of September, returning beginnig of Oct.

Thank you cruzn buckeye. South Florida gave us $120 plus we want to stop to pick up items for our 2 days precruise at $18 for a total of $138. Its not bad but its $55 more then our transport with SAS and I wanted to pick up the tab as a surprise to my friends. Not that is a ton of money but technically we get the same thing, transport from FLL to our hotel. Not sure if its worth the extra $55. Thats a few DODs...LOL! Please let me know. They told me I can reserve as close as 2 days before we need them and I'm going October 12th. Enjoy your cruise (BTW..we are 5 ladies)

Thank you cruzn buckeye. South Florida gave us $120 plus we want to stop to pick up items for our 2 days precruise at $18 for a total of $138. Its not bad but its $55 more then our transport with SAS and I wanted to pick up the tab as a surprise to my friends. Not that is a ton of money but technically we get the same thing, transport from FLL to our hotel. Not sure if its worth the extra $55. Thats a few DODs...LOL! Please let me know. They told me I can reserve as close as 2 days before we need them and I'm going October 12th. Enjoy your cruise (BTW..we are 5 ladies)

I have used SAS before, good service, but since we are going straight to the ship, we didn't want to have to make extra stops to a hotel, although with 6 of us, there may not have been any. We just decided that with SAS, it was 6 of us at 13.00-15.00 each way. That would be 78 to 90 each way plus tips. Or round trip 156 to 180 plus tips... so we may as well divide it up and go for the limo. SAS 26-30 per person, or limo ... 38pp. We have 3 first time cruisers.... so we are doing it up a little....

I will let you know how the service was after our cruise...

Edited by cruzn buckeye

I have used SAS before, good service, but since we are going straight to the ship, we didn't want to have to make extra stops to a hotel, although with 6 of us, there may not have been any. We just decided that with SAS, it was 6 of us at 13.00-15.00 each way. That would be 78 to 90 each way plus tips. Or round trip 156 to 180 plus tips... so we may as well divide it up and go for the limo. SAS 26-30 per person, or limo ... 38pp. We have 3 first time cruisers.... so we are doing it up a little....

I will let you know how the service was after our cruise...

Thank you buckeye...I appreciate it. Have a great cruise :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just did the same with Millenium and got a quick response...to much $$

It was worth a shot...

"We only have 1 type of limo that will hold 10 plus luggage, a 20 passenger Escalade stretch. It rents for 210.00 total each way from Ft Lauderdale airport to the seaport. This is the total each time paid to the driver on the spot cash or credit is fine."

When I dealt with South Florida Transportation, (and floridalimo.com as well), I just phoned them. I don't like to rely on email for stuff like that, and it's easier to ask any questions that come up.

But really, I wouldn't bother with a limo to get from FLL to Port Everglades. When you drive out of FLL, you come to the street where the entrance to Port Everglades is before you even get to the highway, and cabs are only about $15 between the 2 places. When you come out of baggage claim, there will be a line of cabs. If you are lucky, there might be some mini-van cabs there, but even if you have to take 3 or 4 cabs, that's a lot better than splurging a couple hundred bucks for a limo to go 2 miles. Think of the drinks of the day you could be missing out on? LOL

You might also see the SAS and Go Shuttle vans when you come out of baggage claim. If they have an on-site co-ordinator there, you can ask them about a van. It will probably run $80-100 though for 10 people.

I am going to South Beach so a limo might be worth a little bit extra. I actually found a site from an old post here on CC about limo.com which gave me pricing for Advanced Limo Service, which gave me a great price of $99 including tip for a 6 passenger Lincoln limo. Has anybody ever used Advanced Limo Service or booked through Limo.com. Limo.com has some customer reviews on their site and they are good but I'd rather hear from somebody neutral.

I just did the same with Millenium and got a quick response...to much $$

It was worth a shot...

"We only have 1 type of limo that will hold 10 plus luggage, a 20 passenger Escalade stretch. It rents for 210.00 total each way from Ft Lauderdale airport to the seaport. This is the total each time paid to the driver on the spot cash or credit is fine."

I got a quick response from Millenium too. Not a bad quote but with tip (25%) & service charge (15%) added its a little more then I wanted to spend. I'm hoping this Limo.com works out. Maybe you should try them. Good Luck

Edited by girlscruise2011

When I dealt with South Florida Transportation, (and floridalimo.com as well), I just phoned them. I don't like to rely on email for stuff like that, and it's easier to ask any questions that come up.

Dan, did you end up using either of them? If so, how were they?

Yes, we used South Florida Transportation. My experience is up thread in post 3. The Escalade was $145 including tip from Port Everglades to West Palm Beach, which is similar to FLL to Port Of Miami. We only reserved a stretch, so I assume the Escalade would cost more if it was wasn't specifically. They must have sent that one for us because it was needed for a group in West Palm, or it was just luck of the draw.

Yes, we used South Florida Transportation. My experience is up thread in post 3. The Escalade was $145 including tip from Port Everglades to West Palm Beach, which is similar to FLL to Port Of Miami. We only reserved a stretch, so I assume the Escalade would cost more if it was wasn't specifically. They must have sent that one for us because it was needed for a group in West Palm, or it was just luck of the draw.

Oh thats right, I remember now..22 passenger Escalade. Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to decide. Right now Ambassador is very affordable. I just wish someone comes here that has used them and gives me the thumbs up. Thanks again for the info:)

I've used Holland Limousine numerous times. They are excellent! Reasonably priced (compared to other limousine companies). Their stretch limo is spotless and service was impeccable. I would price them out.

www.hollandlimousine.com

jerseygirl3, thanks for the reference. I ended up going with Holland Limo. Booked their Chrysler 300C limo this morning. It was a few $$ more then the other 2 but it is a much better car. I can't wait to see the looks on my friends faces when the limo pulls up instead of a share van. :eek:

Hans was very nice and helpful.

Thanks again.