Jewel of the Seas - specific cabin questions

beynac

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Royal Caribbean and am having trouble digesting some of the cabin information on the website. My husband and I have cruised Celebrity in the past (leaving kiddos at home), but we're considering a family cruise on the Jewel a year or two from now. We have two kids, and I'm tying to understand the best cabin fit for us. We'd love the extra room of a junior suite, but it doesn't look like there are two extra beds - just one sofa bed. Is that right? We would need separate beds for the kids.

The family oceanview rooms look nice - are these difficult to get? Is there a large premium? Can a family of 4 reserve these, or is it a minimum of 5?

Is there an option anywhere on the ship where an outside cabin connects to an inside?

I cruised with my parents growing up, and we had regular o/v cabins with the two beds that pulled down from the ceiling for me and by brother. It seems like there are lots of variations these days!

Thanks for any insight and help!

Yes....the JS's only have a sofa bed (if that....check the deck plans! Some only have a sofa with no fold-out)

You need to call on the phone to book the suites....and they'll give you the prices then.

No, Radiance class doesn't have connecting balconies and inside cabins. They do have connecting cabins in all of the catagories, tho!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Royal Caribbean and am having trouble digesting some of the cabin information on the website. My husband and I have cruised Celebrity in the past (leaving kiddos at home), but we're considering a family cruise on the Jewel a year or two from now. We have two kids, and I'm tying to understand the best cabin fit for us. We'd love the extra room of a junior suite, but it doesn't look like there are two extra beds - just one sofa bed. Is that right? We would need separate beds for the kids.

The family oceanview rooms look nice - are these difficult to get? Is there a large premium? Can a family of 4 reserve these, or is it a minimum of 5?

Is there an option anywhere on the ship where an outside cabin connects to an inside?

I cruised with my parents growing up, and we had regular o/v cabins with the two beds that pulled down from the ceiling for me and by brother. It seems like there are lots of variations these days!

Thanks for any insight and help!

Check out the deckplans. There are a lot of balcony cabins on the Jewel that have a sofa bed and a pullman, look for the diamond symbol. I would not put two on the sofabed unless I was sure they are they kind that pull out instead of the kind that fold down like a futon. I am not sure of the kind that are on the Jewel but if the are the fold down kind, the person who sleeps on the "inside" sleeps between the sofa arms so they better be short.

A lot depends on the ages of the kids too. If you have little kids then a balcony for 4 would be doable but with teens, I wouldn't do it. I would go up to a JS or put the teens in an inside by themselves.

Thanks everyone! This is helpful. Kids are currently 6 and 2, so we'd probably try and make one regular balcony room with a sofa and pullman work for us.

Again, I appreciate the insight!

Archived