How do you know when an oboard credit has been applied to your account?

Hi all,

I booked a cruise a couple of weeks ago through RC's UK website. Since then this offer has appeared, or at least I didn't see it when I booked (though I did see the same, or a similar offer in June or July).

Our cruise appears to meet all the criteria, and the terms say:

Onboard credits will not be applied at time of booking but will be applied by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines within 7 days of booking confirmation.

It's now more than 7 days since we booked, but I haven't had any notification that OBC has been applied. Is this normal, or shall I contact them and wait a few weeks for them to do something about it? :rolleyes:

it should at least show somewhere on your booking confirmation from your TA that there is OBC. We have found the OBC show up on our Sea Pass account about 2/3 days into the cruise. Last sailing we actually had a couple like notecards in our cabin when we arrived telling us we had OBC. I don't think we had seen those before. I also print the confirmation with the OBC and bring it with in case there is any question.

Erika

Hi all,

I booked a cruise a couple of weeks ago through RC's UK website. Since then this offer has appeared, or at least I didn't see it when I booked (though I did see the same, or a similar offer in June or July).

Our cruise appears to meet all the criteria, and the terms say:

It's now more than 7 days since we booked, but I haven't had any notification that OBC has been applied. Is this normal, or shall I contact them and wait a few weeks for them to do something about it? :rolleyes:

Hi. We had an onboard credit applied - although I actually don't know why! It appeared on one of the invoices that they send through when you book online, it was just a line on the breakdown of charges that said something like 'onboard cr $100' with a transaction code by the side of it on the left hand side of the invoice. We didn't have any other notification and I only noticed it when I was looking through the invoice to check something else. Hope this helps.:)

Thanks Heather! When the invoice amount changed (due to a C&A Savings certificate being applied) they sent through an updated invoice. Let's hope the same happens at some point for the OBC (it's not currently shown). If there's no sign of it in the next few weeks I'll contact them, but experience has shown that it'll take weeks to get resolved, and I'll get no fedback from them! :rolleyes:

Hi, I too booked a couple of weeks ago and then saw the on board credit offer which is for confirmed bookings between 1st August and 30th September. There is still no mention of it on my account, so I sent an email 3 days ago and got an automatic response saying I would get a full reply within 2 days. I'm still waiting! I'll give them till the end of next week before chasing them.

Jan

Archived