Message from John Carnival Glory!

hobbyhrs97

Copy and pasted from John's facebook page.

Given the projected path of Hurricane Irene, Carnival Glory will now depart New York at approximately 3 pm on Saturday, August, 27, two hours ahead of schedule, in advance of the storm. Guests can arrive at the pier as early as 10 a.m. to begin embarkation. Saturday’s departure is a five-day eastern Canada cruise to Halifax and Saint John. ..................please can someone post on Cruise Critic

opps sorry when I did the search the other thread did not show up! Must have been posted as I was posting. Please feel free to delete this thread!

Yea, Iv already figured out that I will never be the first to post any news, so I might as well quit trying as then I feel dumb when I see 3 other posts on it.

It always happens. Dont worry about the other threads on this posted.

Copy and pasted from John's facebook page.

Given the projected path of Hurricane Irene, Carnival Glory will now depart New York at approximately 3 pm on Saturday, August, 27, two hours ahead of schedule, in advance of the storm. Guests can arrive at the pier as early as 10 a.m. to begin embarkation. Saturday’s departure is a five-day eastern Canada cruise to Halifax and Saint John. ..................please can someone post on Cruise Critic

Hi. Has Carnival made an official announcement? Hate for someone to try to board the ship at 3 thinking they'll be sailing at 5 and then miss the boat!

We are on this cruise and we have had three e-mails from Carnival with updates. We live in Buffalo but flew in on Thursday to visit our son. We are planning to leave at 8am to go to the pier. They said we could get there as early as 9am but they are shutting down NYC transit today and the traffic could be crazy. My son is driving us from Queens. The airports are closing too, just hope all is well when we try to fly home on Thursday.

We are on this cruise and we have had three e-mails from Carnival with updates. We live in Buffalo but flew in on Thursday to visit our son. We are planning to leave at 8am to go to the pier. They said we could get there as early as 9am but they are shutting down NYC transit today and the traffic could be crazy. My son is driving us from Queens. The airports are closing too, just hope all is well when we try to fly home on Thursday.

Wow! I was supposed to be on the Caribbean Princess returning to NYC today, but had to switch to another cruise. I'd probably be stuck in NYC because we had planned on leaving late afternoon by either train or plane.

On the other hand, your son will have a unique experience: driving in NYC without all the usual traffic on Saturday afternoon (of course, the AM will be worse than ever :(). Good luck and Bon Voyage!

Archived