Rome port to Rome airport

lynsteve

Read down this board. Many threads on train, fares, ease of use, and, in your case, other options to fill your time.

First point- docking at 5 am doesn't mean getting off then. 7 to 7:30 is more reasonable.

Mate,

firstly i was after some up to date info, or info that was not on the board and secondly i didn't ask for "other options to fill my time" and thirdly i realise that docking at 5 doesn't mean getting off then, and fourthly also realise that 7 to 7.30 is more reasonable.:p

stevo

You cannot go directly by train from Civitavecchia to Rome (FCO) Airport .

Buy a through ticket at Civitavecchia station . Then take any train up to Rome and alight at Roma Termini . Here you change trains to the Airport Express (IIRC "Leonardo Express") which will take you direct to the Airport .

If you have time to pad out you cloak your bags at Termini station , go explore and then take the train out to the Airport . The Airport train runs every 30 minutes .

Mate,

firstly i was after some up to date info, or info that was not on the board and secondly i didn't ask for "other options to fill my time" and thirdly i realise that docking at 5 doesn't mean getting off then, and fourthly also realise that 7 to 7.30 is more reasonable.:p

stevo

Stevo

I did this in July. Civi - Rome Termini is about 5 euros and the Leonardo Express to the airport is 14, so 19 in all, although it might be a bit cheaper if you bought a through ticket at Civi (which I didn't know about) . There are plenty of services, just show up at Civi station and you won't have to wait more than 30 mins, if that. Allow 2 and a half hours to get to the airport. You may do it in less if you are lucky with connections.

There is a cheaper way, but not necessarily quicker, which involves a slow regional train into the airport. To do that you get off the train before Termini (can't remember the station name) and I'm guessing that last leg will cost under 5 euros, making about 10 for the whole journey. You have plenty of time for that option.

Archived