Are the Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaar closed on Sunday?

I have been researching Istanbul for our October cruise and read on another website that the Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaars are open Monday to Saturday 8am - 7pm. Then I looked at RCCL's shore excursion offerings for our SUNDAY port day and one of the choices specifically mentions touring the Spice Bazaar prior to going on a Bosphorous cruise.

Does anyone know which is correct?

TIA

The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday.

The Spice Bazaar is open 7 days a week. See the article below

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/Istanbul/Sights/GoldenHorn/EgyptianMarket.html

We are planning on doing both on Saturday along with other sites except Topkapi which we will do Sunday morning as our ship leaves at 2 pm

The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday.

The Spice Bazaar is open 7 days a week. See the article below

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/Istanbul/Sights/GoldenHorn/EgyptianMarket.html

We are planning on doing both on Saturday along with other sites except Topkapi which we will do Sunday morning as our ship leaves at 2 pm

I wanted to add that many times the cruise lines do not adjust their write ups for excursions for the specific day you are there.

A few years ago they tried an experiment to have the Grand Bazaar open on a Sunday (we were there) but the owners of individual stores didn't like the idea as they wanted a day off so as others have said it is closed that day but the Spice Market is indeed open.

In addition to the spice market, if you walk around outside the spice market there are also many shops as well.

Keith

Archived