taxis in port

Momis2

You can use any color taxi in Cabo. Just make sure to agree on the price before you get into the cab. They work on zones not meters and the lowest price will be $6 even if it just a few blocks. Depending on where you are going right in town, it could be 6,7,10 or 12.

Somewhere I remember seeing a post about avoiding certain color taxis. Was it the yellow or the white ones to avoid? I will be in Cabo, Manzanillo, and PV.

This may be the taxi info you are referring to and is the case in PV ;

Look for the bright yellow city taxis that operate just OUTSIDE the port property. The white taxi collectives (and cream imposters) that operate from the federal port property itself charge per person at an inflated rate. The bright yellow city taxis (sedans) charge per taxi ride

with up to four passengers.

This may be the taxi info you are referring to and is the case in PV ;

Look for the bright yellow city taxis that operate just OUTSIDE the port property. The white taxi collectives (and cream imposters) that operate from the federal port property itself charge per person at an inflated rate. The bright yellow city taxis (sedans) charge per taxi ride

with up to four passengers.

This is it. Thank you!:)

The cream colored taxis in )Puerto Vallarta are not impostors, they changed the Federal Zone color two years ago.

By "imposter" he means the cream colored sedans tend to park near the port property entrance in an effort to confuse people. They hope to pass themselves off as the less expensive yellow city taxis that are located just outside the port property.

By "imposter" he means the cream colored sedans tend to park near the port property entrance in an effort to confuse people. They hope to pass themselves off as the less expensive yellow city taxis that are located just outside the port property.

AHH That makes sense now :)

I actually saw those taxis in Jan when we were on our one day bittersweet PV stop (bittersweet cause it was only one day) and I remember thinking, "Why are they parked THERE?" <---totally didn't make sense at the time, but I was in a hurry to get a yellow taxi and the thought blew out of my mind.

Thanks Paul that makes sense to me now :)

BTW?? I won't be in PV till at least Jan/Feb as we are doing a 10 day Caribbean cruise out of NYC in late Oct. Tell Fox and Cheryl we say hi and miss them :)

AHH That makes sense now :)

I actually saw those taxis in Jan when we were on our one day bittersweet PV stop (bittersweet cause it was only one day) and I remember thinking, "Why are they parked THERE?" <---totally didn't make sense at the time, but I was in a hurry to get a yellow taxi and the thought blew out of my mind.

Thanks Paul that makes sense to me now :)

BTW?? I won't be in PV till at least Jan/Feb as we are doing a 10 day Caribbean cruise out of NYC in late Oct. Tell Fox and Cheryl we say hi and miss them :)

We pull the boat the last week of October and fly down to Vallarta on the 5th. Head back to cheesehead country after turkey day. Will pass your msg on to Fox & Foxy;)

Enjoy your cruise to the Carib.

Archived