Mendenhall Nugget Falls Trail

newtocruising

According to the website, it says 5 hours for the Nugget Falls trail. I have read elsewhere that it takes 45-1 hour. We will only have approx 2 hours at Mendenhall, so trying to figure out if we will have time for this trail, or only the Photo trail.

Leaving tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some quick responses.

Oh, yes you will have plenty of time to do the Falls trail. You can see the Falls from the visitor center. It's about 3/4 mile and if you are running short of time, just turn around and come back. It's very populated and not a hard trail at all. The falls are beautiful and you are so much closer to the Glacier when you get down there. Have fun!!!:)

Oh, yes you will have plenty of time to do the Falls trail. You can see the Falls from the visitor center. It's about 3/4 mile and if you are running short of time, just turn around and come back. It's very populated and not a hard trail at all. The falls are beautiful and you are so much closer to the Glacier when you get down there. Have fun!!!:)

Thanks for the quick reply, was hoping we would have time. We are doing Harv & Marv whale watching @ 8am and they will drop us off at Mendenhall around 11:15am. We will have to catch the 2:30 shuttle back to the ship...

You are mixing up two Different trails, Nugget Falls and Nugget Creek which is off the East Loop.

Allow an hour for the Nugget Falls trail, just walk along the right side of the lake.

You also can NOT count on getting on a "specific" return shuttle bus, IF you have to be back. There can be long lines and waits through a couple buses. IF you choose to stay there until the last minute, then arrange a cab pick up, of which you will have to arrange in advance. There are no cab lines any longer a Mendenhall

You also can NOT count on getting on a "specific" return shuttle bus, IF you have to be back. There can be long lines and waits through a couple buses. IF you choose to stay there until the last minute, then arrange a cab pick up, of which you will have to arrange in advance. There are no cab lines any longer a Mendenhall

which bus do we need to catch? the city bus - or a " big blue bus" I saw advertised? We are planning to be dropped off after whale watching- am I to assume there is a regular bus stop at the visitor center?

thanks

which bus do we need to catch? the city bus - or a " big blue bus" I saw advertised? We are planning to be dropped off after whale watching- am I to assume there is a regular bus stop at the visitor center?

thanks

I am only referring the the SHUTTLE buses, which run directly to/from the Mendehall Glacier visitor center area and downtown. $8 each way pp.

The Juneau City bus stop is a mile++ away.

I am only referring the the SHUTTLE buses, which run directly to/from the Mendehall Glacier visitor center area and downtown. $8 each way pp.

The Juneau City bus stop is a mile++ away.

okay - thanks a bunch, BQ-I knew I could count on you for the correct info

stsomewhere.... I believe you took the small trail nearest the river. You have to ford two or three streams to take this trail. I know because I took it back in late July by accident. At that time the streams were about 4 to 6 inches deep. I took the higher trail back from the falls and there are bridges over the streams.

Archived