Cruised with NCL ~13 yrs ago. Would they have a record of me?

RaceAddict

Just curious if I'd still be in their system as a past cruiser, or after "x" number of years is it all flushed if I haven't returned?

I cruised with NCL in the autumn of 1998. I'm fairly sure it was November of that year. We were on a 4 night itinerary out of Miami which ended up being shortened (in terms of distance, not days) due to a mechanical issue that prevented the ship from making enough speed to do the supposed ports. We ended up seeing only Freeport, Nassau, and the private island.

Have your travel agent call and ask. If you don't have an agent, naturally you should call yourself. Did you buy your embarkation picture? If so, that might help you! We took our first NCL cruise in May 1998. We didn't have our paperwork anymore when we booked our Hawaii cruise for Oct 2007, but they let us fax in our embarkation picture with the name of the ship and the date on it. Give it a shot. Good luck!

Have your travel agent call and ask. If you don't have an agent, naturally you should call yourself. Did you buy your embarkation picture? If so, that might help you! We took our first NCL cruise in May 1998. We didn't have our paperwork anymore when we booked our Hawaii cruise for Oct 2007, but they let us fax in our embarkation picture with the name of the ship and the date on it. Give it a shot. Good luck!

Any paperwork, pictures with dates, purchases with NCL /ship's logo ... we had to do the same thing and they took us back :) The first of many ... NCL Wind ... Good luck :)

Hi,

I sailed with NCL 29 years ago but did not have my Latitudes number. I emailed the Latitudes department with the date and also faxed the ticket I had in my honeymoon scrape book. I also had sailed with them one other time but did not have the date or any evidence. They gave me credit for 2 previous cruises even though there was not proof for the one cruise.

Well, I may be out of luck as far as any souvenirs may go... that cruise was with my ex-wife, and pretty much anything we had of us together (ie: vacation photos, etc) was binned when we split up.

Besides that, the cruise was a present to us that was booked by my grandparents so I won't even have any records on that end of things either.

I'll give their Latitudes dept a try though... can't hurt to check. :)

Cheers!

Just curious if I'd still be in their system as a past cruiser, or after "x" number of years is it all flushed if I haven't returned?

I cruised with NCL in the autumn of 1998. I'm fairly sure it was November of that year. We were on a 4 night itinerary out of Miami which ended up being shortened (in terms of distance, not days) due to a mechanical issue that prevented the ship from making enough speed to do the supposed ports. We ended up seeing only Freeport, Nassau, and the private island.

they should and if not, the lattitude dept will ask you for varification of your past cruise: maybe something like: pictures taken on the ship, details as to the itinerary and or the wait staff, anything like that. We had a similar situation: they didn't have 2 of our cruises. All we had to do in one case, we mentioned the names of our wait staff as they were exceptional and the second time, we gave them our itenerary and a couple other details.

Nita

Is there anywhere online that lists your past cruises? Or do you have to ask the Latitude department to make sure all your cruises are recorded?

I don't see anything online when I login to the MyNCL section of the site, but since I only had 1 previous cruise with them it's not an issue I need to check. When I received the reply back from the Latitudes dept with my member # she gave me the details (ship & date) of the cruise I was asking about.

Is there anywhere online that lists your past cruises? Or do you have to ask the Latitude department to make sure all your cruises are recorded?

there isnt online you have to contact the Latitudes Dept and then keep that record-they will email you a list of your cruises.

there isnt online you have to contact the Latitudes Dept and then keep that record-they will email you a list of your cruises.

I recently booked an NCL cruise and asked them about an NCL cruise I had taken in 1986 on my honeymoon with the woman I now refer to as "The Psycho". :) It was on the Southward and I thought it was the hugest, most amazing ship in the history of the world. It was 16,000 tons. :)

The Latitudes program started in 1995, but they told me that if I had any kind of documentation (pictures at the Captain's reception or on boarding and exiting the ship, etc. they could accommodate me.

Fortunately, I still had the ticket from the cruise, so I just gave them numbers from that and I was good to go.

I had several cruises on RCCL before they started their previous-passenger program but they wouldn't give me credit for them. One was a 1996 12-day British Isles sailing on the Splendour of the Seas which would have counted as two credits and the other was a 1994 sailing on the Majesty of the Seas. I think RCCL started their program somewhere in the late '90s.

I have been cruising since 1998 using my maiden name. Got married and cruised with husband #1's name then got divorced and remarried using husband #2's name. I can't remember all my cruises since most were on CCL. I DO remember all my NCL ones tho!

Cruised with NCL ~13 yrs ago. Would they have a record of me?

Go to the front window of your house. Gently push back the curtain. See that late model black sedan parked across the street, with the guy in the black hat and dark glasses sitting at the wheel? Yeah, NCL still has a record of you.:cool:

Congrats on getting your previous cruise added to your latitudes. I did the same thing. I was told by the cruise line and my TA that they didn't have a system in place past 10 years ago to retain any of the information.

I simply found my old brochures they sent me back then, our tickets, pictures with the captain and taken around the ship and they gave it to me as well. I was one happy camper. I knew I kept all that stuff from back in the 80's for some reason. :eek: :D

Archived