Laundry Facilities

Bookworm2228

I understand that there are laundry facilities on the Oceania ships. We are sailing on Sept. 5th on Insignia and I was interested in getting some information on this. I expect these are coin operated washers and dryers but do I need to bring US quarters with me to run them? I am very familiar with the laundry facilities on Princess cruises and save my quarters for this use, but don't want to pack them if there is another system on Oceania. My travel agent wasn't able to get that information for me. I would appreciate any input from previous Oceania Insignia sailors.

Don't bother with quarters, the front desk, in reception, has tokens for the laundry and will charge the cost to your shipboard account. Lucky me, my husband does the laundry, so I don't know the cost of using each machine, but I'm sure it's minimal. :)

Don't know about Insignia, but Marina takes quarters, $2 each for washer and dryer. As mentioned, you can get quarters at the reception desk, either charged to shipboard account, or exchange bills.

Marina takes quarters -- I know that even though I haven't sailed on her yet -- but unless the laundry equipment on the "R" ships has been changed, they take tokens. I think it's something like $2 a load.

They provide the soap as I recall.

The R-ships take tokens $2 per load per machine ..soap is included

Marina takes quarters ($2 per load) which you can get from reception no need to load up your pockets...soap is also included you have to add it from the machine on the wall to the washer

Thank you all for the information. Not only do I not need to pack my rolls of quarters, I can take the baggies of laundry detergent that I had packed to take with us! Good to know that the detergent is included....and I like the idea of it going on the shipboard account too!

Thank you all for the information. Not only do I not need to pack my rolls of quarters, I can take the baggies of laundry detergent that I had packed to take with us! Good to know that the detergent is included....and I like the idea of it going on the shipboard account too!

It is a good idea to bring a bunch of "Bounce" type sheets for the dryer.

Archived